Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 01:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  King of Fighters 13
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: King of Fighters 13  (Read 4012 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »

Anyone else interested in this game at all?

It's being published by Atlus for $50 dollars. It seems to have a decent story mode for a fighting game (looks similar to Blazblue) and the tutorial looks pretty good.  I think most people here are pissed off at Capcom so this might be a good alternative.  They are rebalancing the characters for the home release so some of the really powerful arcade characters are getting toned down which will hopefully give the rest of the cast some room to shine.

Gamer Informer has a video preview of the game here:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/king_of_fighters_xii/b/xbox360/archive/2011/09/16/king-of-fighters-xiii-exclusive-first-look-video.aspx?PageIndex=2

edit:  Holy crap, there's a custom color mode to customize the color of your characters (similar to Capcom vs SNK2)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:27:51 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »

The story of Ash started in KOF 2003 and continued in XI (KOF XII was a Dream Match game, like '98 or 2002). They didn't say that in the video of the OP.

I will not be able to buy this thanks to Dark Souls and other three games that I still have to buy, but yeah, like what they say in the video preview KOF is huge in Latin America, is kinda ridiculous actually.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »

I'm considering it. Not a day one for me, but I may end up getting it eventually if they don't screw up with its on-line mode.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »

KOF has been my favorite fighting series since I first got into the genre, and I've yet to play a game in the series that I didn't like. I got it pre-ordered right now, actually, because you get a 4-disc soundtrack as a bonus.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 01:56:02 PM »

As much as I love fightning games I never liked The KOF series. The only game with SNK characters in it I trully enjoyed was Capcom vs SNK 2 but then again, this one was a game made by Capcom.

I liked what I've seen from both KOF XII & XIII but I probably won't even touch it. With UMVC3 and Street Fighter X Tekken I think I will have my hands full intil the next big release (soul calibur 5 or dead or alive 5).

Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »

KoFXIII is the only fighting game besides Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown that I`m looking forward to. Capcom ditching 2D after SF3TS made KoF pretty much the only option for me as far as 2D fighting games are concerned(though I tended to prefer SNK`s fighting games to the ones made by Capcom even before the latter`s shift to 3D).
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 04:24:22 PM »

As much as I love fightning games I never liked The KOF series. The only game with SNK characters in it I trully enjoyed was Capcom vs SNK 2 but then again, this one was a game made by Capcom.

I liked what I've seen from both KOF XII & XIII but I probably won't even touch it. With UMVC3 and Street Fighter X Tekken I think I will have my hands full intil the next big release (soul calibur 5 or dead or alive 5).

Yeah, Capcom vs SNK2 is pretty fun.

UMvC3 = Nov 13th and Street Fighter x Tekken = Sometime in 2012.  You have time man!

Still, cool to see others interested.  I'm curious to see how it all turns out.  Hopefully it makes the transition to HDTVs better than 12 did.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 04:45:04 PM »

I'll be getting this. I'll be concentrating on this and 3rd Strike now.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 09:03:31 PM »

Im interested, I love the KOF titles. 95/96/97 and 98 dream match being my favourites. KOF12 was horrible, This has got to be better
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »

Comes out in one week.  Was gonna wait and read reviews, but Amazon finally offered release day shipping so I jumped on it.  Not playing or buying any of Capcom's shit anymore except Alpha/Zero 3 so might as well.

It appears that SNK actually KNOWS how to rebalance things unlike a certain other company.  They've been releasing patch notes in groups and they basically gave buffs to low tiers that they needed to make them a little more competitive and took away some of the things that made high tier so good.  So instead of destroying the best characters in the game, they toned them down so they weren't so damn overpowered.  What is left should be a fighting game that has a pretty large cast of characters to pick from that don't suck.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »

Game is out.  It's really fun, but definitely has a learning curve.  Didn't get to do story mode, but did arcade mode.  Nice art, but no voices which kinda sucks.  Not a deal breaker to me.

Stages are gorgeous.  Sprites are decent - better than what I thought they would be.

Anyone else pick it up?

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »

Had this baby preordered for a while. Got it today and I love it. I've mostly been practicing combos in tutorial mode. I want to get a feel for the characters I want to use before I play against the computer or go online.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »

Had this baby preordered for a while. Got it today and I love it. I've mostly been practicing combos in tutorial mode. I want to get a feel for the characters I want to use before I play against the computer or go online.

Yeah, the system definitely takes some getting used to.  What team are you using?  I've been using Kensou/Joe/Kyo, but I'll probably replace Joe.  Not sure since his projectile is pretty good, but his AA leaves more to be desired.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 07:05:09 PM »

Yeah, the system definitely takes some getting used to.  What team are you using?  I've been using Kensou/Joe/Kyo, but I'll probably replace Joe.  Not sure since his projectile is pretty good, but his AA leaves more to be desired.

The main difference I've noticed between KoF and any other fighter is that you can press button way slower and still chain attacks together, which is something that's been messing with me a lot.

I've been messing with a ton of characters because there's so many that I think are cool, but right now I'm thinking of running King or Joe/Yuri/Takuma

Check out this video at about 13:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdYjA7bE9U

I think you may change your mind about Joe and his usefulness.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 06:03:25 AM »

So, how is the online?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: