Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 05:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319265 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  Wheres the review?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wheres the review?  (Read 3989 times)
duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »

Wheres the White Knight Chronicles 2 review... its been out almost a week now.. I also notice none of the major gaming sites have reviews for it either so Im starting to think this all isnt a coincidence... I wanna see how you guys review compared to your WKC1 review

I mean you guys did an interview for the game and mentioned its release date so its not like you didnt know about it heh
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »

We received a reviewable for it on Friday.  Unfortunately, D3 didn't provide us with an early copy.  Because this is a game that's 60-80 hours long, we can't immediately produce a review.  We will, however, have a review as soon as we can.

Though, one note - it will be difficult to compare to our WKC1 review - it's one that we actually never got to.  A couple of staff members played it and were not particularly fond of it - we didn't have anyone play long enough to review it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:22:48 PM by KeeperX » Logged

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »

Actually theres a review for it on the site by James Quentin Clark for WKC1 heh so you guys got the game Friday, ok that makes sense maybe the same could be said bout xplay, game informer and IGN so I guess ill see the reviews eventually.. i myself would definitely give the game a 9/10 for its online play.. as a single player experience alone though just a 7/10.. which still isnt horrible... just not a day one buy at 60 bucks score.. now if you plan to invest hundreds of hours online then most definitely a day one purchase heh.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »

Actually theres a review for it on the site by James Quentin Clark for WKC1 heh so you guys got the game Friday, ok that makes sense maybe the same could be said bout xplay, game informer and IGN so I guess ill see the reviews eventually.. i myself would definitely give the game a 9/10 for its online play.. as a single player experience alone though just a 7/10.. which still isnt horrible... just not a day one buy at 60 bucks score.. now if you plan to invest hundreds of hours online then most definitely a day one purchase heh.

Oh, I forgot about our import review.  We never did a domestic one.

I'd say you're looking at a 3-4 week turnaround for a game that large - remember that we're all doing this in our spare time, so unfortunately we can't commit 40+ hours a week per review.

duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »

arent ALL your reviews done in your spare time? Also as for completion time.. WKC2 only takes 20 hours to beat.. unless you guys plan to play through both 1 AND 2 and review them both (though all the reviews Ive seen for WKC2 only focused on the sequel) which would be 40 hours,, so unless the additional 40 hours would be to get deep into the online portion (which would be great and a first as far as reviews Ive seen for those game goes) as to make a well informed review on the online aspect as well as the single player. Since I do believe if the people that reviewed WKC1 spend more than an hour playing it online the original game woulda scored slightly higher than it did
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »

Yeah, that was what I was inferring - sorry if it came across as anything else.  Still, we'll have a review in a couple of weeks, so I hope that you look forward to it.

duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 10:13:24 AM »

with this much time and effort put into  a game before reviewing it Im expecting a pretty high score when the review is actually added lol, never heard of anyone spending over a month on a game they were just gonna give a 60% after all lol
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »

Wait, lets see if I got this right. You signed up on the forums for the sole purpose of whining about a WKC2 review not being up?

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »

It doesn't matter anyway, he has said he won't be happy unless it has a 90% score on it. May as well pretend the review is up, it has a score of 90% and you can be on your merry way.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »

As much as I like WKC2 anyone who gives it a 90% is crazy. Star please tell me you are doing this review :P

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 06:04:58 PM »

Sorry, I'm really not. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »

Damn i wanted to bitch about the score no matter what you gave it :(

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 05:00:37 AM »

James Quentin Clark

I miss his reviews around here.His import reviews is the main reason why I love RPGFan.com

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: