Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334774 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Square classics NOT hitting PSN today.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Square classics NOT hitting PSN today.  (Read 3621 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:15:50 AM »

Didn't see an update to the news story here nor a topic so...figured I might as well save some people some time and be the bearer of bad news m'self. Check the story's update; not so much the title itself.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/09/19/chrono-trigger-and-ffiv-summoned-to-playstation-network/

Amusing Side Note: Funny how they got the right roman numeral in the article but somehow transposed it for the URL link.

Second Edit: And just to clarify; there has been an additional post by the Playstation Twitter assuring people that the games "are" coming to PSN; just not today.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:18:40 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:24:20 AM »

Didn't see an update to the news story here

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/2190.html

Posted last night.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »

I saw. For some reason it didn't show up until about 10 minutes or so after I posted. Something's goofy with my net's updating speed today. XP
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »

Haha! Seems hilarious to me that such a blunder occurred with these two titles in particular.... I mean, I can't really think of any other titles that have both pleased the masses in their excellence and pissed people off in Square Enix's handling of them (not releasing, no remakes, no sequels et cetera....).... Except for maybe Seiken Densetsu 3, now there is a title to dangle in front of peoples faces and make them drool.... none-the-less this seems horribly comedic and appropriate to me..... and to top it off the PSN releases are going to be direct ports of the Ps1 versions, sure to fuel a million more posts across the net of how these titles need more attention... as if that was needed...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 02:13:45 PM »

Now there's the Squeenix we all know and loathe.

If it can take them 3 years before they put up anything for the VC never mind the 5 years it took for them to get around to putting CT/FFVI up on the VC then of course they aren't just going to put those two up on the PSN anytime soon never mind together.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »

They should like, put Einhänder on PSN at the same price of Vagrant Story instead of putting the the 5th (or whatever) version of these games on another system.

Just sayin'.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 03:12:42 PM »

They should like, put Einhänder on PSN at the same price of Vagrant Story instead of putting the the 5th (or whatever) version of these games on another system.

Just sayin'.

Gotta agree. These are versions hampered with awful load times, and there are vastly superior ports for both console (VC) and handheld (GBA and DS), only argument to be made is there's less cropping than either version would have on the Nintendo systems and in the case of FFVI I THINK the PS1 version has better sound than the GBA one.

However, there's still a treasure trove of SE games to bring out, whether it's the non-RPG experiments or stuff like SaGa Frontier that has a small but dedicated fanbase. At the least stuff like Einhander and Bushido Blade should be made available again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:33:50 AM by Eusis » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:21:24 AM »

Just sayin'.

Gotta agree. These are versions hampered with awful load times, and there are vastly superior ports for both console (VC) and handheld (GBA and DS), only argument to be made is there's less cropping than either version would have on the Nintendo systems and in the case of FFVI I THINK the PS1 version has better sound than the GBA one.

However, there's still a treasure trove of SE games to bring out, whether it's the none-RPG spin-offs or stuff like SaGa Frontier that has a small but dedicated fanbase. At the least stuff like Einhander and Bushido Blade should be made available again.

ALL versions of FFVI have better sound than the GBA one (save the GBA one of course :downsrims:).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 01:51:04 AM »

Wouldn't the fact that they're installed directly on the hard drive of your ps3 help the load times at least a little.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 02:20:15 AM »

Wouldn't the fact that they're installed directly on the hard drive of your ps3 help the load times at least a little.

Not when you're emulating the read speed of a PS1 CD drive too! I'm guessing too many games were coded in a way to DEPEND on that, whereas newer games on PSP/360 weren't designed that way.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 03:23:54 AM »

So these will be the exact same shitty versions i have on disc already? Why don't they just port the SNES versions then? I know I'm not the only one who couldn't stand the load times enough not to play the games.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 03:27:36 AM »

So these will be the exact same shitty versions i have on disc already? Why don't they just port the SNES versions then? I know I'm not the only one who couldn't stand the load times enough not to play the games.

... They did that, for the VC, and I don't see that happening to PSN unless it was a straight up new release like Radiant Silvergun or anything else on XBLA is.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 03:33:18 AM »

Whatever happen with those remakes of FFV and VI for the 3DS that I remember reading in Siliconera... vaporware? A lot of people would pay for a remake a la FFIV DS of those two games, with bad 3D effect.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 03:36:50 AM »

Whatever happen with those remakes of FFV and VI for the 3DS that I remember reading in Siliconera... vaporware?

Those were never officially announced as I recall, that was probably either speculation or something they said they'd LIKE to do. Most likely if we see them it'll be on the 3DS or Vita, given the limitations that FFIV were pushing are no longer there.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 05:39:49 AM »

... They did that, for the VC, and I don't see that happening to PSN unless it was a straight up new release like Radiant Silvergun or anything else on XBLA is.

Yeah i know, but still I find it kind of stupid that they would even rerelease those awful PS1 versions without at least fixing those loading issues.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: