Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 12:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338380 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Square classics NOT hitting PSN today.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Square classics NOT hitting PSN today.  (Read 3687 times)
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

I have very mixed opinion on Chrono Cross. And I've flipflopped back and forth on what I think many times since I first got it so long ago. The atmosphere the game creates early is incredible. They set the tone well, crazy stuff happens and they real you in like a small mouth bass. You get half way, bricks are shat. After that sets in, maybe you don't like the direction the game just moved it. You start to realize you have an army of almost faceless warriors you want to know more about and you never do. But there's still something highly intriguing about what is going on. A few more twists and turns, game ends, you feel satisfied, but that goes away with time. Decide to replay game years later to figure out what went wrong and the entire cycle repeats itself. You have made little headway figuring out the enigma.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »

My problem with the game is that its all over the place (for every Dead Sea or Chronopolios there's annoying environmental messages with the Blue Dragon Isle, Hydra Marshes, and anything having to do with Marblue and meandering plot points that don't really serve any purpose like anything having to do with Lynx and SS Zebless), a wasted opportunity for alternate dimensions shenanigans, that its slow as fuck (though the NG+ Fast Forward feature helps alleviate that a bit), and that the plot is either just there or is an incomprehensible mess.

That said its still one of the most gorgeous looking PSX games ever made, its good points (Dead Sea, Chronopolios) are really good, and the music track (not including the basic battle theme or SS Zebless's theme) are also really good.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »

I'll be frank, I played CC twice and I still don't understand anything about the story nor how it relates to CT.
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »

I bought Chrono Cross 10 years after I played it the first time, and I still struggle to some extend really understanding the plot.  I think it would be a good one for PSN though.

Also, I saw there was a post about Seiken Densetsu 3.  Both 2 and 3 would be awesome moves by Square Enix to get those onto some DLC platform or another.  I know lots of people like doing multiplayer on 2 (Secret of Mana), and you would obviously get your bang for the buck with 3 with how awesomely replayable it is.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »

Like many I'm sure...I was pleased to see CT coming to PSN...(never played this title. Somehow, missed it all these years.) What a let down now that it isn't available. Yeah, I really don't have the time for most rpgs but every now and then I try to play and I was looking forward to finally giving CT a try. Maybe soon it will debut.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 10:58:45 AM »

So I guess Square Enix wants to apologize to their fans for "trolling" :P

From ESRB.

That's funny, because as a European I actually feel like I'm being trolled right now.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2011, 11:00:51 AM »

I'll be frank, I played CC twice and I still don't understand anything about the story nor how it relates to CT.

It's the continuation of what happened to Schala after the Ocean Palace mishap.  She was never heard from in CT again.... till CCross.  There's also a hullabaloo about one of the dimensions undoing what Crono, Marle, and Lucca did, in one of the dimensions, his life/death (forgot which) meant a chain reaction to undoing their future)... forgot how...

If you wanna complain, it's the story flow (which is point A to point C, without explaining where B went), and the clusterfuck plot twists given to you by "Old Man B" at the end.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:03:08 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 01:11:56 AM »

Simply put, good luck trying to make some sense to the weird-*ss story in Chrono Cross. Something about an alternate future affecting the real one and this one going boom an-*head explodes*

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/26/chrono-trigger-is-headed-to-psn-game-archives-in-japan-for-real/

To the surprise of noone CT is hitting the PSN soon (if you live in Japan or shenanigan access to the JPSN).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/26/chrono-trigger-is-headed-to-psn-game-archives-in-japan-for-real/

To the surprise of noone CT is hitting the PSN soon (if you live in Japan or shenanigan access to the JPSN).
So Japan hates Chrono Cross? I figured.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »

I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »

Chrono Cross is a beautiful mess of a game. A shining gold-covered book full of gibberish.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 07:36:09 PM »

I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion.
Er, actually, I wanted to say that they at least go for number one and number two instead. Weird that the PSX is getting the second one first.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: