Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 11:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331360 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  God of War Portable HD collection
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: God of War Portable HD collection  (Read 2079 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »

They did a great job on this it looks like. I wish the PS2 games got *this* treatment - the PSP games are fun, but short and I've beaten both more recently. I'll still get this at some point I'm sure.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »

Damn.

I still hope they use this work and update them for Vita, being portable games originally I'd rather get a compromise between the two.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »

They did a great job on this it looks like. I wish the PS2 games got *this* treatment - the PSP games are fun, but short and I've beaten both more recently. I'll still get this at some point I'm sure.

Well, with the PS2 games they could get away with a simple increase in resolution because the source material was so good. With the PSP games they probably looked at it and figured that it just wasn't enough to make it look acceptable. I had the same thought when I first heard of this collection, the poly count is just too low and a lot of the textures are too bland.
GOW1 really could've used this treatment for the cutscenes though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »

Digital foundry tech analysis:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-god-of-war-collection-volume-ii-tech-analysis

The ports are really good. The resolution of the original versions was only 16% of the 1920x1080 used in these remakes... That's a fucking huge difference.
Just look at that first comparison video, the difference is unbelievable.

Edit:
Hm, not sure what to think. I have to admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed with performance in 1080p mode. I wouldn't mind playing in 720p if it had some kind of AA but now I have a dilema of framerate vs IQ. I don't understand how the PS2 ports managed to have AA at 720p and these don't.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:06:03 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 05:26:32 AM »

I've still not yet played Ghost of Sparta, so for the price the HD collection is going for I might have to pick it up.  An excellent deal, even if I've already played one of the two.  Any word on if the annoying freezing issues were cleared out? I remember freezing on the final boss of CoO three times in a row.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:28:15 AM by Cyril » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 05:48:12 AM »

I've still not yet played Ghost of Sparta, so for the price the HD collection is going for I might have to pick it up.  An excellent deal, even if I've already played one of the two.  Any word on if the annoying freezing issues were cleared out? I remember freezing on the final boss of CoO three times in a row.

The article I posted didn't mention that so I doubt there's a problem.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 08:23:36 AM »

Played the demo and they did a great job, this is how you do a HD remake. Playing this on a big screen with these graphics and a dualshock makes this collection completely worth it even if you've already played them on the PSP.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: