Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 09:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329833 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout New Vegas: DLC worth it?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas: DLC worth it?  (Read 987 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Been curious about the DLC for a while. I thought it looked goofy but a bit fun and was going to wait until Lonesome Road hit to start looking into it. Haven't seen any reviews for that particular DLC out yet so I'm wondering if the "conclusion" to the DLC storyline is worth shelling out the $40 to get everything. Does it add anything substantial to the FNV lore/gameplay or is this something I'm just going to burn through once and never look back at?
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »

I thought that the DLC was a very mixed bag, though I haven't bought Lonesome Road yet. Dead Money was the most irritating experience I've ever had in the entire Fallout series, but there was a good story in there once you get past the horrendous gameplay.

Honest Hearts was alright, it wasn't actively annoying like Dead Money but little to it stood out. I was disappointed with how dull a certain legend turned out to be, this DLC was a wasted opportunity.

Old World Blues was excellent, up there with other great expansions like Mask of the Betrayer, Hordes of the Underdark and Night of the Raven, even if it isn't as long as any of those. I suggest you read John's review if you haven't already.

If you're playing the PC version it might be best to wait until the Steam winter sale and get them all then. I got the first two DLC in the summer sale, and I certainly wouldn't have been happy paying full price for Dead Money.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: