Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 06:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329927 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Troy Davis case
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Troy Davis case  (Read 2107 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:35 PM »

Google news has these two stories, and I don't know what it all means...   http://news.google.com/

Firstly, Troy Davis' execution was delayed.

On the same front page (of google news) was a story about a white supremacist that actually was executed today.

The news is moving too fast for me.  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/21/national/main20109532.shtml   By the time I realized that a white supremacist was killed, this article was already up.

Fuck.  What are they trying to do?  Fucking Illuminati :P

Davis was not the only U.S. inmate scheduled to die Wednesday evening. In Texas, white supremacist gang member Lawrence Russell Brewer was headed to the death chamber for the 1998 dragging death of a black man, James Byrd Jr., one of the most notorious hate crime murders in recent U.S. history.

Being responsible for the dragging death of anyone is worse than shooting someone, regardless of race.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:24:08 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »

This shit is fucked from any angle, even if he does get his stay of execution.
DTX180

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:07:07 PM »

pathetic day in american history. The fact that this execution was even CONSIDERED is a joke. 7/9 people have taken back their testimony.

I hear the execution has started.

Im ashamed to live in this state for the past 13 years of my life.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:18:54 PM »

He's dead.  Stay classy, America.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »

the MacPhail (victim's) family keeps claiming this will bring them peace and closure.

Even if he was guilty, it won't. They will feel no peace from this.

And if he wasn't guilty, and years from now some new testimony or evidence were to show Davis as innocent, they'll really be fucked.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:43:57 AM »

Death of this sort never brings peace to anyone it only causes more pain

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 04:48:10 AM »

the MacPhail (victim's) family keeps claiming this will bring them peace and closure.

Even if he was guilty, it won't. They will feel no peace from this.

And if he wasn't guilty, and years from now some new testimony or evidence were to show Davis as innocent, they'll really be fucked.

Except they won't, because no one gives enough of a shit. If evidence can undeniably prove he was innocent, he would just be added to a list of criminals wrongly executed. Why would this one suddenly make people wake up...it won't. It's sad.

I'm convinced this execuation was more than anything politically motivated. It's disgusting that with the amount of public outcry the execution went ahead. It's also pathetic that President Obama was unwilling to take a stand in this. Fuck all that Political bullshit, and be a fucking man for once. Even if he was actually in support of the execution for whatever reason, take a fucking stand a be a fucking man. I hate this political pussyfooting bullshit.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10:10 AM »

The president can't do a damn thing about this as one it's the State Government that controls this not the Federal Government, and even if he could the execution would've happened before anything could even have stopped it.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »

That's not the point. It has nothing to do with what you can or can't do, voice matters, and Obama acted like a complete tool in refusing to take any stance on it. He's taken a stance on the death penalty so he absolutely could've said something about this.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »

Funny.

It's hilarious how America will whine about other countries executing people without solid evidence then do it themselves.

Did I say hilarious? I meant revolting. I am appalled and disgusted. There are no words strong enough.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »

Obama can call Kanye West a jackass, but can't even comment on this? 

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »

On one hand, I can see where he's coming from - he'll be under fire no matter what he says. If he asks for lenience, he'll be accused of undermining the judicial system and "destroying America" - not that these fucking traitors aren't doing that already. If he does the opposite, he'll be called cruel and ruthless.

On the other hand, this makes him look just as bad, if not worse, when he just remains silent. Just saying "it's incredibly important we prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that a man is guilty before we execute him" is neutral enough to have little to no leaning, but implies enough to have an effect. Even President Clinton made comments about the Lee Wen Ho case, not that it made a difference.

That being said, this case makes me want to vomit. Fucking bureaucrats are ruining the country.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:04 AM »

Fucking bureaucrats are ruining every country.

Fixed
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 11:07:07 AM »

On one hand, I can see where he's coming from - he'll be under fire no matter what he says. If he asks for lenience, he'll be accused of undermining the judicial system and "destroying America" - not that these fucking traitors aren't doing that already. If he does the opposite, he'll be called cruel and ruthless.

On the other hand, this makes him look just as bad, if not worse, when he just remains silent. Just saying "it's incredibly important we prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that a man is guilty before we execute him" is neutral enough to have little to no leaning, but implies enough to have an effect. Even President Clinton made comments about the Lee Wen Ho case, not that it made a difference.

That being said, this case makes me want to vomit. Fucking bureaucrats are ruining the country.

This is pretty much how I feel. I really believe this was more politically motivated than anything. Like the state wanted essentially to say fuck you we can do it if we want to and you can't stop us.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »

I don't want to sound like a drama queen, but with the dogged economy and inching toward a police state America appears to be in right now, I'm considering more than ever now to just move to Hong Kong or something.

I mean, hell, you hear about all these people saying "I'm moving to Canada" about the Bush re-election, but this country's getting worse and worse because of the mass paranoia, media brainwashing, and government assholes going "Fuck you, normal citizens." Sigh.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: