Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 10:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338671 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Gears of War 3, loved by all
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Gears of War 3, loved by all  (Read 2977 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »

I beat it last night.  The ending theme is so fucking terrible.  It's "Save This World" terrible.

Some of the effects used in the game are pretty crazy.  Visually the game was impressive as hell, but I still think the first game had the best campaign.  The second and third games try to get into telling a bigger story and it just falls flat, the same way the second and third Pirates of the Caribbean movies did.  The character interaction in the first game just felt so much better.  They started shoving in more characters in the second and third games and it ends up suffering from Spiderman 3 syndrome... too many characters you don't give a shit about.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 02:15:14 AM »

I beat it last night.  The ending theme is so fucking terrible.  It's "Save This World" terrible.

Some of the effects used in the game are pretty crazy.  Visually the game was impressive as hell, but I still think the first game had the best campaign.  The second and third games try to get into telling a bigger story and it just falls flat, the same way the second and third Pirates of the Caribbean movies did.  The character interaction in the first game just felt so much better.  They started shoving in more characters in the second and third games and it ends up suffering from Spiderman 3 syndrome... too many characters you don't give a shit about.
So when are we gonna get on some coop, man? Roll through some horde mode.

TASTY!
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 01:56:33 AM »

I never really got into the MP for Gears 1 and 2 but 3 has me hooked. I placed out of Casual matchmaking though, so now everyone is better than me :(

Still haven't played through the SP/co-op campaign yet, since I can't find a time where the three friends I'm going to play it with are free.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: