Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331575 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Guild Wars 2: Were-Vikings, Technomidgets, and Plant-Based Pedobait
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Were-Vikings, Technomidgets, and Plant-Based Pedobait  (Read 18709 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2012, 06:01:17 PM »

Looks like GW2 is getting the Tera treatment.  Preorder at certain stores starting April 10th and you get 3 day headstart, access to all beta events, and some in-game items.

Source: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-pre-purchase-for-guild-wars-2.html

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »

Did you see the CE version? Holy crap, that's a statue.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »

If you haven't gotten a beta invite by now, it looks like you're fucked. :P  For this weekend's testing, anyway.

To try and add a bit to this topic since I've been slacking lately....

A few days ago, one of the members of ANet's design team posted a blog about the part of the game that intrigues me the most, the personal story.  I'm digging how you can join in on another person's personal story and see if/how your own story differs depending on the choices you've made.

Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »

This game is going to be so fucking good.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »

Just a heads up to those who are interested: The pre-orders open tomorrow (4/10). 

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

The art portfolio and the 112 page making of GW2 book look awesome.  I'd love to get my hands on those.

Collector's Edition Video

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »

So, character creation is decent.  It's nothing like say, Phantasy Star Online 2 or Aion, but it's got a decent set of options... but then, this is also based on the current stress test build.  I can't play a human character though.  Nolan North's voice is getting really tiring to hear in one lead role after another in game after game.  Looks like I may have to deviate from my usual pattern and make a Sylvari or something, once it's an available option.  They and the Asura are not accessible right now.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 11:55:38 PM »

Norn looks kind of similar to humans so I guess that could be an option. The human capital city, Divinity's Reach, is looking like an amazing city so I'm really interesting in checking it out.  Also very interested in seeing what the game actually looks like on my screen as low-res "HD" youtube videos don't really give the best impression.

Also Mesmer is looking like a pretty fun class.  It'll be interesting to see what all it can do at high levels.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »

I can't play a human character though.  Nolan North's voice is getting really tiring to hear in one lead role after another in game after game.

You can still play a human, you just have to play as a pretty princess like the rest of us.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 12:02:17 AM »

Just a heads up to anyone who has preordered Guild Wars 2, the first beta weekend is April 27th-29th.  Character data will transfer over to the other 2 betas, but not to live.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 07:31:48 PM »

Beta invites are going out right now (literally) according to their Facebook page.  I finally got around to preordering it last night so I was probably past the deadline.  We'll see. 

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »

Looks like the download is 15 gigs or so.  Better start now. :P

Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »

I downloaded the client last night. Ready for Friday!!!

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »

Looks like the download is 15 gigs or so.  Better start now. :P

I got my email so I shall.  I'm okay with 15-18 gigs - sure as hell beats Tera's 40gig download.

I'm curious to see how it looks in real time since, until it's optimized, they're saying cpu overclocking is actually a performance decrease.  Not gonna change it just for this, but it should hopefully be fine.

Edit:  The log in screen, while simple, is awesome.  I like it.  Wish they would actually sell the shirts with the same design.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:38:21 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »

Well, my initial impression is pretty damn good.  I'd still be playing if things weren't so laggy. :P

I started out as a Norn mesmer.  Completely different class than in the original Guild Wars, but I can definitely see myself maining one.

I didn't play enough to see any drastic world altering events or anything, but there are quite a few minor objectives out there that people can help one another with without the hassle of grouping up for it.

Gonna try out a necromancer and an engineer before the day is out.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »

Haha, I made a Norn Mesmer too because I thought the game would be overrun with them but I'm not sure if I saw any others actually.  Game is fun and fairly pretty imo.  I like how you don't have to tag monsters anymore to get XP and the shared objectives are pretty interesting.  I picked up a 2H sword with the Mesmer and you just point it and blast shit.  Crazy, but was kind of weak but that was probably because it was a shitty quality sword.

I think I'm going to try a Guardian too before the beta is done.  I'll hold out on any Necros or Sorcs because I think one of those will be the class I play at launch.

Overall impression is very good for a beta.  Excited to see the final product as well, but the beta is still a lot of fun.  This game could easily end up being a PvPers dream I think. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:01:48 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: