Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335169 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Now and Then, Here and There (Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Now and Then, Here and There (Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku)  (Read 1789 times)
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:24:08 PM »

This has been my absolute favorite anime series ever since I was 12-years-old. It's about 13 episodes long. Has anyone else seen it? The art is pretty basic. It isn't awful or anything, but it isn't extravagantly detailed. However, the reason why I love it is because of the way the story is told and the subject matter it deals with.

Here's a basic rundown of the plot (copied/pasted from wiki):

While walking home "Shu", the main protagonist sees a person on top of a smoke stack in an industrial park where he used to hang out as a young child, Shuzo tries numerous attempts to communicate with the young girl but she is rather emotionless and quiet. After decoding her name from her lips (Lala Ru) the only other piece of information he finds out about her is her love of watching sunsets. Suddenly there is an explosion and time stops, he finds himself defending Lala Ru from abductors. He is caught in the transportation to another world after attempting to defend the unknown girl. Lala-Ru possesses a pendant containing (somehow) a vast reservoir of water and she has the ability to control that water. Shu discovers the new world, a harsh and deserted landscape and he is beaten and interrogated inside the war ship ordered by the ruthless, psycotic dictator, Hamdo. While in prison he also meets another abducted person called Sara Ringwalt who came from America and was mistaken for Lala Ru. Sara goes through extremely horrific experiences and eventually becomes on edge frightened with fear. Shu is forced to join an army of children and pillage join the soldiers kidnapping villagers for breeding, and conscription into the ever dwindling ranks of Hamdo's army. Shu wishes to return home as well as rescuing the mysterious girl whom he tried to protect.

It's a very adult story, dealing with child soldiers and the brutality of war. The main character Shuzo is very likable and charming, and the evil dictator Hamdo makes for one of the creepiest villains ever.

Has anyone else seen this? What were your thoughts about it? (Positive and negative opinions welcome).

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »

I'd love to watch this series, anytime anyone talks about it they say it's good.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »

Here you are:

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Now+and+Then%2C+Here+and+There&st=1&fs=

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »

I keep meaning to finish this show. I saw the first two episodes on Hulu and thought it was pretty great. Good characters and plot and everything. Guess I'll add it to my list of stuff to finish by the end of the year.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »

Needless to say the English dub on Hulu takes away from the enjoyability some since the voices don't really fit the characters - at least not nearly as well as they do in the original dub.

But it's still good regardless. I think youtube has the Japanese dub on it.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »

Needless to say the English dub on Hulu takes away from the enjoyability some since the voices don't really fit the characters - at least not nearly as well as they do in the original dub.

I thought the english dub was very well done actually. Even if it wasn't, at least I can understand what they're saying.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »

I thought the english dub was very well done actually. Even if it wasn't, at least I can understand what they're saying.

Compared to other anime it was done well. I actually do like the voices for Abelia and Hamdo especially in the English dub. My main problem with the English dub is Shuzo's voice. It's way too old sounding for his character.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: