Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330153 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Dance in the Vampire Bund
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dance in the Vampire Bund  (Read 575 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2011, 01:31:14 PM »

I don't know if anyone else out there has had a bad taste left in their mouth by the slew of terribly cliche Vampire anime that has surfaced over the last few years but I must report..... Dance in the Vampire Bund is freakin' great!!!

Maybe my standards for the Vamp' fair have lowered a bit...... or maybe I just REALLY wanted to see something "blood sucking" I could get into as of late.... heck maybe a bit of both.... but the fact remains I just polished off all twelve episodes of this series and enjoyed every one of em'.

While I understand its not accurate to the manga, I can't hold it against this series in light of the fact that everything is paced so well... The story unfolds just right to keep you hooked from start to finish, episode to episode.... And in regard to the series specifically, it really does a good job of incorporating some very non-vamp and human thematics into its adult themed yet brightly youthful and aesthetic fantasy.

Don't be fooled by plot summaries that make this sound like "just another vampire series" chalk full of fan service involving an M.C with amnesia like I was.... I put off seeing it for a bit for that very reason.... But I am here to report that I stand corrected.... While those cliche elements do exist, I feel they are completely able to be overlooked in their execution here... Good stuff, good stuff.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: