Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 12:54:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338681 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Rage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Rage  (Read 4480 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:30:13 PM »

3 discs on xbox... sheesh!

http://kotaku.com/5843668/rage-will-require-3-discs-on-360-8-gb-install-on-ps3

I don't know much about this game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hRlyU-Www

Combat looks very fluid. I guess there are some light RPG elements as well.

I might get this.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:31:13 PM »

getting it on PC, ive been way curious to see the game in action.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 05:49:24 AM »

Ah yes, the famous Rage. This game has a lot of hype to live up to, let's see if the legendary John Carmack can still blow us away, I'm very curious to see console performance. I don't believe the solid 60 fps PR for a second but with John you never know. I wont be able to play it this year but I'll be checking out the famous megatextures on my PC eventually.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

I didn't know that this was out the same day as Dark Souls. Maybe I'm buying this in December with Battlefield 3, maybe... don't know if my wallet is gonna have enough money for these two.

I would love to play both games on PC too but PS3 is my only choice. :( Better that than nothing anyway.

Edit: Oh my, 8GB install for the PS3.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:20:18 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »

Wait, isn't this the game that's supposed to lock off parts of the single player campaign if you don't redeem some code first? There was quiet a fuss about the issue some time ago if I recall correctly.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »

Wait, isn't this the game that's supposed to lock off parts of the single player campaign if you don't redeem some code first? There was quiet a fuss about the issue some time ago if I recall correctly.

Never heard of that. Maybe if you buy the game used or something you have to use a code, I dunno.

...this game isn't being published by EA right?
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 09:23:06 AM »

I think it was the sewers?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 05:45:13 PM »

If you buy the game used you wont have access to the sewers. I don't know if you'll be missing out on anything special though, I have no idea how big they are.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »

If you buy the game used you wont have access to the sewers. I don't know if you'll be missing out on anything special though, I have no idea how big they are.

It sounds like they're basically challenge arenas. Probably not something most people will miss TOO much, certainly not enough to disincline me from renting than buying on Steam later (or if I'm somehow completely blown away.)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »

Got mine pre-loaded on Steam, all 21GBs of it @.@

I'm very curious to see how the game is, the pics and vids look awesome. It looks like a combo of Fallout and Borderlands. Let's hope the RPG elements are really there.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 02:06:20 AM »

Well, the PC version is a boiling vat of dog poop. The Steam and Bethesda forums are on fire. Basically what we have here is a shoddy console to PC port with zero video configuration settings and massive bugs. The game has some of the worst texture pop-in I've seen since Last Remnant (Xbox 360), non-stop UI and texture flickering, full-on BSOD crashes and then some. I'm hoping it was a bad upload ala Dead Island, but who knows. Stay far, far away from the PC version till they mega patch this thing up. What sucks is that from what I was able to play before the headaches started, the game is really freaking gorgeous with some kick ass music.

Will keep you posted as to the state of the game as it develops.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 02:36:58 AM »

From what ive been reading so far, sounds like yet another short ride that does not fully deliver but still satisfies.  I love how some reviews call it being "10 hours" a good thing.  I really think we have hit an issue with games today that due to the high production costs, we cannot have anything with a reasonable length.  Games like BF3 and CoD only get away with it because of the mutliplayer, but even then I refuse to buy them until they are like 20 bucks.  Just a pet peeve of mine, im sure plenty will disagree.  I still look forward to renting RAGE, but from what I read it sounds mostly just a straight up shooter in a post apocolyptic setting than any sort of fallout/borderlands type of thing, which is what I was looking forward to. 

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 03:35:50 AM »

Just a pet peeve of mine, im sure plenty will disagree.

Because more often than not it's unreasonable to expect RPG length from games like this, it can wear on you more than an RPG double the length. That, and it sounds like 10 hours is the minimum, doing extra stuff doubles the length easily enough, which I'm going to guess anyone wanting the game to last awhile is going to pursue.

Mind, there are plenty of other reasons to wait/not get it from what I'm hearing, I just don't find length ALONE to be a justified one at all here.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 03:40:10 AM »

Rolling back to 11.8c drivers has fixed the texture flickering, but not the slow hi-res texture drawn in. Either way i've played a little over an hour and I like it, alot. I've read some of the reviews coming out and most of them point to the main storyline is gauged at being about 15 hours, not including side quests (and there seems to be a whole lot of em). Doubtful we'll see something of the length of Fallout, but you can bet there will be DLC. I'm kinda bummed there's no stat or ability elements in the game (yet). The quests give you certain items and recipes, but there's no actual character growth that i've seen so far. The armor upgrades are cool, but sadly there's no 3rd person perspective outside of vehicular combat.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 03:41:56 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »

A couple of reviews indicate I will love this game, but I'm going to wait for some sale action. The car combat multiplayer looks fun actually.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: