Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334846 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair  (Read 3224 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »

$15, better be good.  6 player co-op, lets do this.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:33:37 PM »

I have it on XBL but ill probably get it for psn too since i never got any of the dlc for it.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:14:01 AM »

I heard that while fun it was a bit on the expensive side.
I also heard it was way too hard, so if we can't find somebody to play with it should be too frustrating to defeat the bosses. If more people decide to get it I might give it a go.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »

A friend of mine bought Simon Belmont, so I decided to start out with Soma, since I actually played the game he starred in.  I didn't expect to see Simon in his 8-bit incarnation!  His whip owns though.

So far, I like what it is.  A little different, but there is loot, so I'm motivated/addicted.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »

I heard that while fun it was a bit on the expensive side.
I also heard it was way too hard, so if we can't find somebody to play with it should be too frustrating to defeat the bosses. If more people decide to get it I might give it a go.

If you have experience with Castlevania games you should be able to beat it solo with Shanoa. Basically out of all the characters (non dlc ones anyways) she's the most powerful to start with, though the other characters will catch up with her but if you want to solo without grinding play as Shanoa.

A friend of mine bought Simon Belmont, so I decided to start out with Soma, since I actually played the game he starred in.  I didn't expect to see Simon in his 8-bit incarnation!  His whip owns though.

So far, I like what it is.  A little different, but there is loot, so I'm motivated/addicted.

I'll probably be going with Charlotte she's who i mained on the XBL game but she can be a pain to level cause absorbing spells is based on luck.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 05:29:26 AM »

Been a while since i posted here, but i step in every ao often to see what's up, stay in the loop, etc. I've had this since it launched on 360, and all the dlc as well. It's a great game and makes for an awesome multiplayer experience. I will probably pick this up next week for lulz, and gladly do some runs with anyone here. I should mention i'm pretty beastly with alucard.

Quick point of advice to everyone, luck does NOT affect rare drops...ever. Just drop rates. Been there, done that, tried every luck boost around. Doesn't help, just gotta grind forever and a day. Also important, soma is arguably the best character in game, followed closely by a maxed out johnathan, and alucard with minimally 2 valmanways, just in case anyone here is really concerned with tier lists or speed runs and such.

TASTY!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »

Good to know.  We were wondering why Soma had so many more options available than the other characters.  He seems to be the jack of all trades.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »

Good to know.  We were wondering why Soma had so many more options available than the other characters.  He seems to be the jack of all trades.
More like king of all trades. He literally does it all better than anyone else. I remember when people discovered succubus souls and multi hit weapons. Soma would never die. Fun times.

TASTY!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 03:52:35 AM »

This game is amazing, worth every penny.  They could make this formula work forever if they just kept adding new items and stages.  

I feel like I'm playing a full-blown MMORPG with how connected to my character I am.  I haven't been so drawn to a game in a while, let alone a downloadable one.

I'm Mojotron on PSN if you guys decide to buy this.  Also Farron, its very quick and easy to join random groups online, and it makes things very easy.  I've been duo'ing with a friend (which is a good way to learn the stages) but a full group of randoms is still easier, if less intimate.  All you have to do is pick a direction and fight, instead of plotting a course to get chests and get to the boss.

Getting long winded... but are there any better swords for Soma than Hrunting that aren't Valmanway?  The shop has no more gear for me, and while my vacuum cleaner/punching attacks are great, my buddy's Alucard has been getting all kinds of new weapons and is outdamaging me.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:05 AM »

Chapter 5 hard mode you can start finding yasutsunas, which are high powered katanas, though alucard gets to run and slash with his equipped. You could also aim for a badelaire which is attack power based on total time in game. Fist of tulkas is nice, but seriously short ranged. If you really need some thing new though, beat hard chapter 6. New stuff appears in the ahop.

TASTY!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »

If you really need some thing new though, beat hard chapter 6. New stuff appears in the ahop.

Excellent, that is my new dangling carrot.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 07:52:45 PM »

I caved, picking it up tonight. Look out dracula, I'm gonna kick your ass all over again.

TASTY!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »

I play as Soma, and my buddy I play with is always Alucard... he brings two Yasutsunas with him, and decimates everything while I am left in the dust.

I need to see if weapon and armor is shared between characters; I've seriously not played as anyone other than Soma.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »

Certain characters use the same equipment, for example alucard and soma use most of the weapons, though alucard can't use lances and soma can't equip shields. Everyone can use winged boots, which i HIGHLY recommend having on all the time. And yes, one pair is good enough for all.

I'm gonna be on in about 2 hours, if anyone wants to team up. I play a mean alucard.

TASTY!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: