Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327393 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Holiday games, something about this years crop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Holiday games, something about this years crop  (Read 2991 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:12:54 PM »

It's no surprise that every holiday season is big for games, and this year is no exception. But this go around one thing that's interesting this year... well take a look at my games of interest:

Must haves:
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Battlefield 3
MW3

Games I'm interested in:
Ass Creed: Rev (I need to finish 2 and Brotha Hood)
Rage (need to see if it's good)
Uncharted 3 (I'll wait until I finish 1,2 and get 3 on sale)
Ratchet and Clank
Batman
Saints Row.

Then games I must have.... those are all games you can easily sink 30+hours in and in the case of Skyrim and DS probably around 100. If I was up to speed on Ass Creed that'd be another 30 hour game (depending on side stuff).

There is just not enough time for these massive games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:23:12 PM »

Outside of Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls there's not much, there's three other games that I might or might not buy later and those are Rage, NFS: The Run and Battlefield 3.

I also have a bunch of DLC to buy and I'm still waiting that the store I buy games from gets their shit together and lower the prices of El Shaddai and Catherine. Is still a long list but is not as insane as others I've seen in other parts.

Thank God that I'm not interested in too many games that are coming out next year.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:09:07 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:33:18 PM »

This is why I'm a little concerned about Skyward Sword. I keep hearing how long and challenging it's supposed to be. This is not a positive thing in my book. I don't want to be playing nothing but Zelda for 6 months!
The only game you listed that I'm interested in is Uncharted 3. Skyrim is a big wait and see, as I didn't play any of Bethesdas previous games.
Other games I'm awaiting either don't have release dates, or are set for next year:
ME3
Journey
The Last Guardian

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »

Right now, I'm getting Skyrim and Runes Factory ToD for sure. I'll see about the rest.
Never tried Rune Factory before, but that one looks like I'll enjoy it.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 03:43:02 PM »

Right now my must haves are Dark Souls, MW3 and ACR. For MW3 I'm seeing if I can't just get the 360 hardware bundle, and ACR, I simply love AC2 and ACB. Revelations is Altair and Ezio's last game. I probably don't have time for much more than those.

The other ones I want (Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Red Dead Redemption GotY, MGS HD collection) is either going to be on my holiday wish lists or I'll just wait for them to drop in price.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »

I'm probably gonna get Skyrim, and that's really about it. Maybe Dark Souls, but that's if I have the money, which is pretty tight right now. Nothing else really interests me enough.

Also, this is the quintessential holiday game.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:09:47 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 10:13:09 PM »

of the games listed in the OP i am interested in none of them! honestly the last time i was excited about a holiday game season. was back when persona 4 and eternal poison came out among others.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »

I will definitely be getting Dark Souls, Skyward Sword and Uncharted 3. Skyrim I'll get eventually, but after the mod community is going strong.

The only other thing I am absolutely getting this year is Idolm@ster 2. Can't wait.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:49 AM »

Skyward Sword. Maybe Mario Land 3D. Possibly a PSP. The rest of the OP's list are for consoles I don't have and am in no hurry to get right now.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 12:55:32 AM »

THE OLD REPUBLIC!
 I want to make a loli Sith Lord with double bladed pink lightsaber, and go around pwning n00bs with her. It will be the best thing ever. XD

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 03:10:04 AM »

It would be an honor to be impaled with a dual pink lightsaber
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 04:55:30 AM »

I have mixed feelings about this year's holiday crop.  The only big game on my list that is a must-buy is Uncharted 3.  And maybe Batman...actually, probably Batman.  I have to admit it's looking really good.  But I might wait on it if I'm short on time.

RPG-wise I'm just not feeling it.  I have ranted before about how I'm sick of Bethesda's shtick and I don't feel like repeating it, but I'm definitely going to pass on Skyrim.  And while I totally respect anyone who plays Dark Souls, I just don't think it's my thing.  I play games to relax, not punish myself.

Oh, another game I'm definitely getting is Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend.  Yeah, that was random.  It's an import, obviously.  Over the last year or so I've gotten really into the whole vocaloid thing and Project Diva 2nd was actually a heck of a lot of fun, so I'm ready for more.

On the subject of imports, there is going to be a budget re-release of Valkyria Chronicles 3 with some extra content.  Since it looks like it's never going to get localized, this seems like the perfect time to get it.

So yeah, my biggest timesinks this holiday season are going to be import PSP titles...

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:19 PM »

Dark Souls
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
Batman
Saints Row
The Old Republic
Battlefield 3
Forza 4
AC

These are all being bought for sure. I'll never get through all of them by Christmas but it's gonna be fun:)   Oh, and MW3 can go to hell in a hand-basket for all I care. So very sick of the series. It's all I hear about at work.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »

Dark Souls, a new Layton.......

That's about it really.

Oh I still need to grab Persona 2.

I'm sure UC3 and Batman AC will both be rereleased with DLC content included like last time, so I'll just grab those later.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 05:52:22 PM »

The DLC for Uncharted 2 was for the Multiplayer and I don't expect that to change with Uncharted 3. Maaaybe they can do something like the DLC of inFamous 2: Festival of Blood, but who knows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: