Author Topic: Holiday games, something about this years crop  (Read 6538 times)

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday games, something about this years crop
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
Yeah, I never touched Uncharted 2's DLC and I don't feel like I missed anything.  But I'm not a big multiplayer person.

Adapheon

• The original hobo with a shotgun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 08:05:03 AM »
The only game I'm truly compelled to buy is Batman. I might pick up Dark Souls sometime in November but between Batman and my current backlog I just can't see me getting into any other games this year.

Commander Jubby Shepard

• What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.
  • If you come back you will find me a very grave man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »
I want to get The Binding of Isaac and Skyward Sword, but I'll probably wait a year or two to get Skyward Sword ($60 is too much for Zelda IMO).
If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 10:02:21 AM »
I want to get The Binding of Isaac and Skyward Sword, but I'll probably wait a year or two to get Skyward Sword ($60 is too much for Zelda IMO).
I've been hearing good things about Isaac, but being only for for PC means I won't get it. Hopefully, it will come to 360/PS3.

I find your comment about Skyward Sword odd, as I deem Zelda games to be among that small group of games that are actually worth the asking price. I would buy it day one, if I hadn't already told Nan that it would make a good Christmas present.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 12:30:46 AM »
I agree with Grim about Zelda. That aside, I dunno about you guys in NA, but here it takes Zelda games 3 years+ to drop substantially in price. Twilight Princess is still $79 here ($99 originally).

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 01:56:30 AM »

Except it's $50 here. $70 if you get the Wiimote bundle.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 02:42:44 AM »
I agree with Grim about Zelda. That aside, I dunno about you guys in NA, but here it takes Zelda games 3 years+ to drop substantially in price. Twilight Princess is still $79 here ($99 originally).

Oh woah, $79? ...really?

I bought Twilight Princess this year at $30 when Nintendo started their "Nintendo Selects" thing, and I'm from Chile. The prices here for games can be pretty stupid at times but normally they are little bit higher than in NA for $2 to $10 dollars more or less, but it depends in the store most of the time.

You can find a 2 year old game at full price or a little bit more of the original full price and you go to another store from the next city that you can reach in 15 minutes by train and you find that same game really cheap, and brand new.

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 06:58:43 AM »
I'm kinda underwhelmed this year, most of them really aren't my thing. But Zelda and Assassin's Creed (wait, I thought that's a 2012 release) are mine. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before, but I did love Fallout 3, and I'm willing to at least give it a good look (or rent). But I've had bad luck with western high fantasy games before (hated Dragon Age), so I'm not sure yet. I don't have a PS3, so a number of those games aren't an option, either.

Vanguard

• I am America, and I hate JRPGs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 11:03:42 AM »
I don't actually like Bethseda's games. I pretty much just create a character and walk around marveling at every little detail. I know I'm in a minority here, but if we're going to do Western fantasy, I'd rather just play Dungeons and Dragons, which is why I do.

Yeah, I don't see myself picking anything up for this season really. Maybe Solatarobo, maybe a DQ game.
Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »
I get the reasons why people wouldn't like a Bethesda game but it's totally my style and I'm psyched

Commander Jubby Shepard

• What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.
  • If you come back you will find me a very grave man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 12:31:32 AM »
Believe me, I absolutely love Zelda but after buying Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks Day 1 I just don't feel the need to do it again. I know I'll love it, but I'm sure I'll love it more if it only costs $40.
If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 05:05:18 AM »

Funny thing about Nintendo games is that they don't typically drop in price except for the rare holiday deal; especially headliners like Mario and Zelda. Otherwise you'll be paying the same price for them as you would the day they came out regardless of how many years it's been since its release (i.e. SSBM being full price until the day that the Gamecube died).

That said, if there's any other game besides Zelda I'm looking forward to, it may just be that Aliens DS game being made by Wayforward.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »
I get the reasons why people wouldn't like a Bethesda game but it's totally my style and I'm psyched

I'd like elder scrolls more if it didnt have that godawful leveling system. I've always hated that.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »

I'd like elder scrolls more if it didnt have that godawful leveling system. I've always hated that.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking, Skyrim got rid of it.

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »

If you're talking about what I think you're talking, Skyrim got rid of it.

Then i'm interested getting rid of that makes it a purchase for me.