Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341078 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Holiday games, something about this years crop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Holiday games, something about this years crop  (Read 3272 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »

Yeah, I never touched Uncharted 2's DLC and I don't feel like I missed anything.  But I'm not a big multiplayer person.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 08:05:03 AM »

The only game I'm truly compelled to buy is Batman. I might pick up Dark Souls sometime in November but between Batman and my current backlog I just can't see me getting into any other games this year.

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »

I want to get The Binding of Isaac and Skyward Sword, but I'll probably wait a year or two to get Skyward Sword ($60 is too much for Zelda IMO).

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 10:02:21 AM »

I want to get The Binding of Isaac and Skyward Sword, but I'll probably wait a year or two to get Skyward Sword ($60 is too much for Zelda IMO).
I've been hearing good things about Isaac, but being only for for PC means I won't get it. Hopefully, it will come to 360/PS3.

I find your comment about Skyward Sword odd, as I deem Zelda games to be among that small group of games that are actually worth the asking price. I would buy it day one, if I hadn't already told Nan that it would make a good Christmas present.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 12:30:46 AM »

I agree with Grim about Zelda. That aside, I dunno about you guys in NA, but here it takes Zelda games 3 years+ to drop substantially in price. Twilight Princess is still $79 here ($99 originally).

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 01:56:30 AM »

Except it's $50 here. $70 if you get the Wiimote bundle.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 02:42:44 AM »

I agree with Grim about Zelda. That aside, I dunno about you guys in NA, but here it takes Zelda games 3 years+ to drop substantially in price. Twilight Princess is still $79 here ($99 originally).

Oh woah, $79? ...really?

I bought Twilight Princess this year at $30 when Nintendo started their "Nintendo Selects" thing, and I'm from Chile. The prices here for games can be pretty stupid at times but normally they are little bit higher than in NA for $2 to $10 dollars more or less, but it depends in the store most of the time.

You can find a 2 year old game at full price or a little bit more of the original full price and you go to another store from the next city that you can reach in 15 minutes by train and you find that same game really cheap, and brand new.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 06:58:43 AM »

I'm kinda underwhelmed this year, most of them really aren't my thing. But Zelda and Assassin's Creed (wait, I thought that's a 2012 release) are mine. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before, but I did love Fallout 3, and I'm willing to at least give it a good look (or rent). But I've had bad luck with western high fantasy games before (hated Dragon Age), so I'm not sure yet. I don't have a PS3, so a number of those games aren't an option, either.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 11:03:42 AM »

I don't actually like Bethseda's games. I pretty much just create a character and walk around marveling at every little detail. I know I'm in a minority here, but if we're going to do Western fantasy, I'd rather just play Dungeons and Dragons, which is why I do.

Yeah, I don't see myself picking anything up for this season really. Maybe Solatarobo, maybe a DQ game.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »

I get the reasons why people wouldn't like a Bethesda game but it's totally my style and I'm psyched
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 12:31:32 AM »

Believe me, I absolutely love Zelda but after buying Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks Day 1 I just don't feel the need to do it again. I know I'll love it, but I'm sure I'll love it more if it only costs $40.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 05:05:18 AM »

Funny thing about Nintendo games is that they don't typically drop in price except for the rare holiday deal; especially headliners like Mario and Zelda. Otherwise you'll be paying the same price for them as you would the day they came out regardless of how many years it's been since its release (i.e. SSBM being full price until the day that the Gamecube died).

That said, if there's any other game besides Zelda I'm looking forward to, it may just be that Aliens DS game being made by Wayforward.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »

I get the reasons why people wouldn't like a Bethesda game but it's totally my style and I'm psyched

I'd like elder scrolls more if it didnt have that godawful leveling system. I've always hated that.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »

I'd like elder scrolls more if it didnt have that godawful leveling system. I've always hated that.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking, Skyrim got rid of it.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »

If you're talking about what I think you're talking, Skyrim got rid of it.

Then i'm interested getting rid of that makes it a purchase for me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: