Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 05:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329437 Posts in 13496 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 29709 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »

I'm pretty surprised there isn't a thread for this game when it's so close for it to be released.
Well, it should be coming on Nov 20th.

It even has a lot of new videos in the front of the site

I just pre-ordered the game with the wiimote plus bundle. I was searching through a lot of sites where buying it would not be too expensive for me but in the end I decided to give a new store a try, so I'll be getting the UK version of the game.

On the game, while I'm looking a lot what I'm seeing so far, if there's one thing I'm not liking much is the characters faces. There's something about Zelda and Link in these videos that just look weird. At least all we see is Link's back from most of the game, so I don't think his face should be a problem. Hell, he could even have a mask (in style of Majora's Mask) with a Troll face on it.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »

I haven't played a Zelda since Ocarina but I've seen some of the new games since then and they are big fun.

If I had a Wii I'd be all over this. I heard this game is supposed to be quite lengthy

Also: In before the giant internet queefout over this being an RPG or not.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »

Seeing as this site covers it I doubt there'll be much of a problem. Anyways, this game is my after Christmas "present", though I'm still not looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, I still think it'll be unanimously considered the best game ever made and will make games like Ocarina of Time and Soul Calibur look like crap. But still, it's Zelda, and I haven't been excited for a Zelda game since...ever. No wait, I was excited for Phantom Hourglass...but then that turned out to be a pretty crappy game.

I guess the biggest problem, though, is that I'm already satisfied with the series: Twilight Princess was already pretty much everything I've wanted out of Zelda, so I don't feel like I have much of a reason to even play Skyward Sword, becaise I'm already not gonna like it as much.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 03:25:24 PM »

I don't know much about this game but it looks fun, the lack of hype that I've seen in the Internet is quite impressive though.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 03:43:09 PM »

I don't know much about this game but it looks fun, the lack of hype that I've seen in the Internet is quite impressive though.

Haha I just don't think you're in the right places.  There are plenty o' Zelda dedicated sites that take care of that.  And now, closer to the release, we're getting a lot more talk.

I'm surprised at the lack of chatter here though.  People not really like Zelda on this forum?  I'm looking forward to it like crazy (the bundle is a super-fucken-sweet deal).  I am really nervous with the wii-mote reliance though.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

People not really like Zelda on this forum? 

I'm just gonna guess, but I bet a big percentage of people here don't even own a Wii. Maybe that has something to do with it?
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »

I'm just gonna guess, but I bet a big percentage of people here don't even own a Wii. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Wrong. It has to do with the fact Nintendo lists it as an RPG, but many people don't see the RPG aspects. I would argue that it's kind of like the Secret of Mana series.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 04:24:53 PM »

Well, I for one was kind of a Zelda hater until recently ... So kind of ironic I was the one to note there was no thread for it.

I played Ocarina of Time back in the n64 days, I thought is was fine but not the masterpiece so many people make it up to be so I never cared for any of the rest but of course I got somewhat interested if I heard it was a good game. Then this year I decided to try spirit tracks and really enjoyed it, so I went and got a copy of Wind Waker and I have to admit I liked it so much it's easily among my favorite games so that's probably why I'm somewhat excited for this.

edit:

Wrong. It has to do with the fact Nintendo lists it as an RPG, but many people don't see the RPG aspects. I would argue that it's kind of like the Secret of Mana series.

I for a long time didn't see it as an RPG myself but there are so many RPG elements on it, just not stats and XP but still, growing life, better equipment, envolving story, dungeons (story related and optional), looting, etc.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:29:54 PM by Farron » Logged

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »

Well, I for one was kind of a Zelda hater until recently ... So kind of ironic I was the one to note there was no thread for it.

I played Ocarina of Time back in the n64 days, I thought is was fine but not the masterpiece so many people make it up to be so I never cared for any of the rest but of course I got somewhat interested if I heard it was a good game. Then this year I decided to try spirit tracks and really enjoyed it, so I went and got a copy of Wind Waker and I have to admit I liked it so much it's easily among my favorite games so that's probably why I'm somewhat excited for this.
I totally respect your point of views. However, really die-hard fans would murder you for saying Spirit Tracks was very enjoyable. Hell, it was very enjoyable to me too. KILL ME, PEOPLE! I DON'T CARE!

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 04:33:03 PM »

Spirit Tracks' dungeons were ballin'.  Everything else was shit.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »

KILL ME, PEOPLE! I DON'T CARE!

Hahaha. I'm aware some fans may stab wanna rip my heart out of my chest with a deku stick but besides the train which I'm aware can get pretty boring for a lot of people, the rest is truly enjoyable.

I think many people would actually get over me for not liking Ocarina of Time that much. Looking back at it, I think my problem at the time was more with the N64 itself than Zelda, but then the anger went to everything on it besides Mario.

Spirit Tracks' dungeons were ballin'.  Everything else was shit.

What can I say ? I really liked the dungeons too.

What probably made me give Zelda another shot was the decision to play Okami this year. Seeing as they have many similarities I though I could give Zelda another shot. Look what happened ? I like what according to you guys is the worst game in the series lol.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »

I'm kinda with Mickey on Zelda. It feels like we already had the best we can have, and that now they're just making them out of obligation. The new one really doesn't look that much different than the old ones. Might be because it's on the Wii. I might be a little more excited if it was a 360 or PS3 game, but obviously that's not even an option.
That being said...I'm still anticipating it quite a bit, and will probably get it from the wife for Christmas. Does every version come with the Motion Plus thingy, or do I have to buy the more expensive one?
and doesn't pretty much everyone and their grandmother(literally) have a Wii? I'm not buying that as the reason for a lack of interest.
Basically, this is pretty much a "hardcore" gamer site, and Wii games just plain aren't. Not even Zelda, which most everyone plays.
Whatever, I don't really know what I'm saying.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »

I'm kinda with Mickey on Zelda. It feels like we already had the best we can have, and that now they're just making them out of obligation. The new one really doesn't look that much different than the old ones. Might be because it's on the Wii. I might be a little more excited if it was a 360 or PS3 game, but obviously that's not even an option.
That being said...I'm still anticipating it quite a bit, and will probably get it from the wife for Christmas. Does every version come with the Motion Plus thingy, or do I have to buy the more expensive one?
and doesn't pretty much everyone and their grandmother(literally) have a Wii? I'm not buying that as the reason for a lack of interest.
Basically, this is pretty much a "hardcore" gamer site, and Wii games just plain aren't. Not even Zelda, which most everyone plays.
Whatever, I don't really know what I'm saying.

I hope you're not judging the Wii's graphics capabilities on Skyward Sword.

There are two versions: A traditional box (with the 25th Anniversary CD), and a special edition box with the CD and a sweet golden Wiimote +. You only need to have a Wiimote + to play it. But for me, hell, I want that controller for collection purposes.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:57:22 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »

I'm guessing that the reason nobody here is looking forward to it might be a combination of its 2009 E3 presentation falling flat on its face, the fact that gamers love to bitch to hell and back about having to use anything other than a PS360 controller/control scheme, (most specifically to this site) is a game made by Nintendo and not Atlus (because if Atlus/SMT/Persona were in anyway involved the majority of this site would be ejaculating into each others orifices in anticipation but because there isn't it's just Nintendo milking its pathetic fanbase with the same Mario/Zelda bullshit that never changes and always looks worse than N64 graphics because "lol Nintendon't get with the program"), and the fact that the last major Zelda games were painfully incomplete products (WW with its 3 missing dungeons and TP with its two separate plots that have little to do with each other).

That said, I've been stoked for this game since I saw the E3 trailer. The colorful yet not cartoonish style reminds me of LttP; the fact that common scrubs aren't just sitting there chipping off a quarter of a heart while the more threatening ones take up to an entire heart; the concept of mashing Zelda and Metroidvania together is like the combo of chocolate and peanut butter of a Reeses; the item construction/upgrading mechanic ala Atelier ______; the possibility of a villain other than Gannon showing up to ruin everybody's day; and the fact that Super Mario Galaxy's 1/2/NSMBWii reminded me that Nintendo still knows how to make games have me looking forward to this one with bated breath.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »

I'm surprised at the lack of chatter here though.

Speaking for myself, I'm not really one to hunt down every detail on an upcoming game unless I'm undecided on whether I want it or not. Being Zelda that question's long been answered.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: