Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 01:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329761 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 29788 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2011, 03:04:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFR_aNbO6Pg&feature=player_embedded#!

Man this game is pretty.  I really wanna play Twilight Princess right now... but I realized that graphically the game is of a much more "grim" aesthetic.  I adore the pallet of colours this game uses both in scenery and even dungeons

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »

I've already seen enough of this game to know I'm going to get it. I think I'll do the same thing I'm doing with Xenoblade, and avoid any more hype that surrounds it. That way I can jump right in without any overblown expectations.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »

Man this game is pretty.  I really wanna play Twilight Princess right now... but I realized that graphically the game is of a much more "grim" aesthetic.  I adore the pallet of colours this game uses both in scenery and even dungeons

One thing I loved about Wind Waker is that even though you have that huge ocean, surprisingly there is no water level.
I personally hate water levels in pretty much every game and even when they are not bad per say, they are just way worst than the regular one. On the top of my head I can't think of one game with a good water level.

What I can think is one of my worst experiences as a gamer: Ocarina of Time's Water Temple.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2011, 12:43:03 AM »

One thing I loved about Wind Waker is that even though you have that huge ocean, surprisingly there is no water level.
I personally hate water levels in pretty much every game and even when they are not bad per say, they are just way worst than the regular one. On the top of my head I can't think of one game with a good water level.

What I can think is one of my worst experiences as a gamer: Ocarina of Time's Water Temple.

If you go back to that dungeon, you'll realize it's not as bad as you thought.  I had a blast with in on the 3DS.

And funny enough, I was play WW just the other day, and that same thought occured to me.  More precisely, despite the body of water you never really see "under the blue" of it.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2011, 12:44:18 AM »

You had a blast on the water temple on 3DS because it's easier to knock the boots. I mean change the boots
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2011, 12:47:28 AM »

You had a blast on the water temple on 3DS because it's easier to knock the boots. I mean change the boots

Haha true enough.  But it was more than that.  There is really only real mind teaser in the dungeon (where you have to raise the water, but go to a lower level than what you raised for or something like that - just a bit of "outside the box" stuff).  It's simple deduction too; if you can't do fuck-all in a room, clearly it's not part of where you're supposed to go.  If a room looks suspicious, then lo' and behold.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »

Haha true enough.  But it was more than that.  There is really only real mind teaser in the dungeon (where you have to raise the water, but go to a lower level than what you raised for or something like that - just a bit of "outside the box" stuff).  It's simple deduction too; if you can't do fuck-all in a room, clearly it's not part of where you're supposed to go.  If a room looks suspicious, then lo' and behold.

Aaaaaaaaand then Master Quest's mirrowed version comes into play...

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2011, 01:00:34 AM »

Aaaaaaaaand then Master Quest's mirrowed version comes into play...

WHy does the game look... "dirty" and tainted in mirror modes... like what you know has been BASTARDIZED.  I did Twilight Princess Wii & GC... it's not a change you can get used to...

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2011, 01:28:20 AM »

Probably because it was cut. At least the Tower of the Gods has a kinda water based entrance.

Also LttP's water dungeon was probably its most tame Dark World dungeon aside from Thieves Den.

And getting back on track of the topic, it looks like Link's sporting some Zora level swimming in that preview. Fuck Yeah.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »

Really looking forward to this. I actually reserved a gold edition for day one. I'm expecting great things because it was built around the waggle controls, because I've recently tried to play through Twilight Princess on Wii and the waggle features felt tacked-on (cliche but true). Its the first Zelda that I've played where I didn't have a blast just cutting down grass and hording rupies. Also hoping that the bird riding will be a more efficient version of sailing in Wind Waker.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2011, 09:23:15 AM »

this is the last time im gonna say this. motion controls = i'm not interested.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »

this is the last time im gonna say this. motion controls = i'm not interested.

THEN WHY ARE YOU POSTING AGAIN?

My problem's traditionally been dumb/stupid implementation of motion controls anyway. This sounds it comes closer to what I WANTED from the Wii in the first place, not a wagglefest where motion controls are pretty much just a crappy additional button.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2011, 07:09:34 PM »

I beat the water temple in one go, on my very first attempt, in the space of about 30 minutes. Granted, this was last year, and I get the impression that most people played OoT the first time when they were in the 10-12 age range.

For comparison, I got stuck for AGES on the forest temple, and had a much harder time with the fire temple.

(I didn't actually figure out how to beat dark link properly. I just sort of killed him somehow. I think I accidentally hit him with the hammer at one point because he didn't do anything to me).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »

I beat the water temple in one go, on my very first attempt, in the space of about 30 minutes. Granted, this was last year, and I get the impression that most people played OoT the first time when they were in the 10-12 age range.

For comparison, I got stuck for AGES on the forest temple, and had a much harder time with the fire temple.

(I didn't actually figure out how to beat dark link properly. I just sort of killed him somehow. I think I accidentally hit him with the hammer at one point because he didn't do anything to me).

I actually found the Forest Temple a pretty cruel awakening into the Adult Link form... Most of the temples are pretty easy after that (hell, Spirit Temple's boss requires you to DEFEND to win, and the Fire Temple's boss is almost a joke).  I think Forest and Shadow were the really dicky dungeons.  Water had one tough part to "figure out" and the rest isn't too bad.  But as you say, I think we were a lot younger when we first took a crack at it, and the 3D version introduced some creative colouring to help you find your way easier.

And yeah, Dark Link seems to have a slight retard attack against the Hammer, he doesn't really do much.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2011, 08:13:57 PM »

I actually really love water dungeons, even OoT's. I love the serene atmosphere that water dungeons possess. And the Zelda series has done a lot more justice to water dungeons than Fire dungeons, I'd say. Every time they have a water dungeon, they mix it up with some other theme and make it really unique. OoTs has this interesting Buddhist temple feel about it, and manages to have some of the most interesting and large vistas in the game. Majora's Mask mixed things up with an interesting "power grid" theme. Twilight Princess's was just gorgeous, sporting an Art Nouveu design with beautiful architecture, and interesting multi-room puzzles.

IMO, OoT's fire temple is quite possibly the most boring dungeon in the series. Very few lava dungeons interest me, they're pretty much all the same: dodge fireballs and cross lava pools while traversing dull red-orange caverns. It's not just Zelda too: Mario, Zelda, Metroid... hell, half the time I get OoT's Fire Temple and Magmoor Caverns mixed up, and seeing as though one is high fantasy and the other is dark sci fi, that shouldn't happen. However, on the flip side (haha, see the pun?) Twilight Princess really turned the lava dungeon on its head with the whole magmatism thing. Maybe that's why I love Twilight Princess so much, even though all the dungeons are typical elemental themed, they all diverged from the original themes and came up with really unique ideas.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: