Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335309 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdoms of Amalur
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur  (Read 37187 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »

In addition to the great preview on the main page there has been a lot of gameplay footage around:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/03/reiner-and-phil-play-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning.aspx

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/kingdoms-of-amulur-reckoning/video/6337549?tag=topslot;title;5

It looks very fun with very fluid combat.

I'm looking forward to it
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »

I know that Skyrim comes out first, but I don't think people realize how awesome Kingdoms of Amalur is going to be.  After the reviews come out, maybe more people will buy it.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »

I'm excited. It looks to be inspired by a number of things, like God of War (they've even admitted as much) and I saw it in action at E3 for like half an hour. This is going to be a must-buy for me in February.

And it looks gorgeous...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »

I like the art style for sure, it's more WoW-like. That appeals to me b/c I've had enough traditional looking WRPGs to last a life time.

I hope they sexy up the menus and the dialog boxes, that all looks very basic at this point.

I'm looking forward to "all the lore too"
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »

I like the art style for sure, it's more WoW-like. That appeals to me b/c I've had enough traditional looking WRPGs to last a life time.

I've never been much of a fan for the art style in WRPGs so I agree with this a lot. This looks pretty stunning and sounds like a helluva lot of fun. It's also good it's not coming out till February because by then I hope to have a grown up job and be out of school.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »

Previews seem interesting, going on my "get it when its cheap" list. Still early days though.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »

In case you missed it, we got our screenshot of Dorf, decked out with his Shark's Fins.

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning_Studio_Visit/dorf.jpg

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
axhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »

i've been looking forward to this forevaaaaar it seems
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 09:10:05 AM »

Just saw some more on this over at IGN.. game is starting to get my radar going.. but im always apprehensive with EA.  I wonder if its a way for EA to have its own 'Dragon Age' type epic franchise.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211281p1.html

I hope its as open, deep and custom as they are touting.. the art style seems a bit Blizzard/WoW influenced to me.. not a bad thing just what I notice.

Anyway.. lets hope we get more info on this soon.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »

Just saw some more on this over at IGN.. game is starting to get my radar going.. but im always apprehensive with EA.  I wonder if its a way for EA to have its own 'Dragon Age' type epic franchise.

Wait, what?

You mean, um, like the current franchise they have? What's it called?

Oh, right.

Dragon Age.

This property is owned by 38 Studios, not EA.  This is being published under the EA Partners program.  Developed by Big Huge Games.  Looked really good when I saw the alpha version.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:18:23 AM by KeeperX » Logged

Zyco

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 09:36:38 AM »

Just saw some more on this over at IGN.. game is starting to get my radar going.. but im always apprehensive with EA.  I wonder if its a way for EA to have its own 'Dragon Age' type epic franchise.

Wait, what?

Oh, right.

Dragon Age.

This property is owned by 38 Studios, not EA.  This is being published under the EA Partners program.  Developed by Big Huge Games.  Looked really good when I saw the alpha version.

I just caught on that it was 38 Studios who made this, I didnt think it was them because they always claimed to be making a MMO all this time.. so I didnt expect a console RPG.

And, why I said EA would like its own franchise is because Bioware always pull tricks (yes even if they are a division of EA).. they changed their Star Wars games to Mass Effect and their AD&D games to Dragon Age. 
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 09:59:35 AM »

Wait, what?

Oh, right.

Dragon Age.

This property is owned by 38 Studios, not EA.  This is being published under the EA Partners program.  Developed by Big Huge Games.  Looked really good when I saw the alpha version.

I just caught on that it was 38 Studios who made this, I didnt think it was them because they always claimed to be making a MMO all this time.. so I didnt expect a console RPG.

And, why I said EA would like its own franchise is because Bioware always pull tricks (yes even if they are a division of EA).. they changed their Star Wars games to Mass Effect and their AD&D games to Dragon Age. 

They're still making that MMORPG, that's developed at their Rhode Island studio, I believe.  38 Studios bought Big Huge Games back in May of 2009 and started development on Reckoning then.

The problem with the comparison there between SW/ME and D&D/DA is that the previous iterations were licenses - D&D is still held by Atari and Star Wars by (obviously) LucasArts.  While I don't expect BioWare to ever work on a D&D title again, EA/BioWare is actively working with LucasArts with The Old Republic.  With BioWare's current franchises owned entirely by BioWare/EA, they're got more freedom to do what they want with those worlds.

Zyco

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »

I just registered over at the Kingdom of Amalur/38 Studios forums and have been looking thru them and found out they created a huge world (Amalur) and centuries of lore as a backdrop to this and probably other games they release.. that MMO, they still call it 'Copernicus', is still awhile off it seems, but we get Kingdom of Amalur in early 2012 to introduce us into that world.

I have been a fan of everything I read about Green Monster Games/38 studios since their inception so my hopes for this game have climbed even higher.. lets hope they can pull it off.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 03:39:32 PM »

Much of this info and more can be found in our preview. Check it out!
axhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »

i heard kurt was seen at blizzcon walking around completely /facepalmed because one of the mop announcements was something big they were planning for copernicus.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: