Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 08:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331879 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdoms of Amalur
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur  (Read 35620 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 02:31:50 PM »

So they announced some limited editions. Two of them are anything but cheap but I might get the $80 one. I just need to decide on a system.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/2518.html

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »

No special case?

PASS
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 02:42:42 PM »

Are you the metal case whore? I forget who the metal case whore was.

Also: it's North America only.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »

Hmm, tempting, but I think I'll keep my Amazon order.  The game looks good, but I'm not sure if it's $80 good.
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »

Game looks interesting. Might have to check it out.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 05:51:23 PM »

I'll be honest: The more I read about this game the more I want it. It sounds exactly like something I'd love.  And yet I know I should be cautious, new IP and whatnot.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 05:57:04 PM »

This game looks great... but I'm afraid Skyrim might be burning me out of the 'genre'.
I've been playing it for nearly 3 weeks intensely and I don't see myself stopping for quite a while =/

At worst, I might just wait a couple of months before getting Amalur to make sure I fully enjoy the game.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »

Shame on most of you dudes for not bringing this topic on the first page.

I think it is going to catch a lot of folks off guard by how good it will actually turn out. So happy to have another great new IP to look forward to amongst the sea of sequels.
Anyway, there's a demo coming out on the 17th for all platforms (360,Ps3,Pc) and it will have a cross-promotion with Mass Effect 3. More about that here: http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?1871-Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning-Demo-FAQ

The demo will feature the tutorial dungeon + 45 minutes outside gameplay.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »

Yeah all that's on the front page of the site. All the cross-promo items involved look awesome. N7 armour in Reckoning? And omniblades? Fuck yes!

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »

This game will be sa-weeeeeet!!!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »

It really is a shame that more people aren't talking about this game.  It looks amazing.  Take the huge world of something like Skyrim, add in 10,000 years of backstory penned by a renowned fantasy author, the variable approaches to scenarios you would expect from a game like Deus Ex, and combat that's actually good enough it wouldn't feel out of place in a God of War game.

What's not to like?

I heard that the among the playtesters the record for a complete speedrun (meaning doing everything in the game but skipping cutscenes, dialogue, and knowing exactly where to go and what to do) is like 200 hours.  Yikes.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »

It's a game I consciously have to pay attention to. I guess just the way it look, the name, all of that are making this a game that screams generic to me despite the fact it clearly isn't, or at least not some brainless hack and slash I don't care about normally anyway. There's a demo coming up, I'll just have to hope it's good.

Also this is a somewhat packed time. Just the next week we'll have FFXIII-2.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »

Been hearing the name of this for a while on the Bombcast but it wasn't until they did this really good podcast dedicated to Amalur (which you can check here) and in the last Random Encounter that I got interested in the game.

Sounds fun but I'll take the "wait and see" approach with this one since I'm not sure if this is gonna be my coup of tea.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 10:11:25 PM »

It's a game I consciously have to pay attention to. I guess just the way it look, the name, all of that are making this a game that screams generic to me despite the fact it clearly isn't, or at least not some brainless hack and slash I don't care about normally anyway. There's a demo coming up, I'll just have to hope it's good.

Pretty much why I'm waiting for the reviews.  It has potential to be a pretty interesting game, but I'm just not really sold.  We'll see quite soon how it ends up.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »

Im really excited for this game! Ive been ranting to my friends how I am tired of JRPGs slowly dieing and how I am switching over to WRPGs for a while because the quality of these recent titles are astounding. KoA is going to be sick, whats not to love really!? Fast action combat, 10,000 years of lore, and over 200 hours of questing to be had? This is going to be a great year for WRPGs with KoA, ME3, and the Witcher 2 Xbox 360 version. I have so many titles on the to do list that arent even out yet!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: