Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:59:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335244 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdoms of Amalur
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur  (Read 37148 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »

The moral thing to do would have been to find a publisher that didn't force an online pass into every game.
Your reasoning is absurd, and your tinfoil hat theories aren't lending any credibility to your arguments. Time and again your arguments have been debunked, and time and again you keep whining about how game companies are immoral or whatever despite obviously knowing nothing about the industry or how it works, and also despite the fact that the people you are arguing against DO.

This topic hasn't been about the game for the last four or so pages because you decided your personal vendetta against game companies was worth blubbering about for over 40 posts. Congratulations, no one gives a fuck.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:05:35 AM by Leyviur » Logged

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »

fwiw, I was elucidated by the derail for at least the first few posts. Then it devolved and that sucks. BACK ON TRACK!

Actually, slight derail since I hyper-focus on one aspect of the game and that tends to piss people off.

But hey, did anyone listen to the Amalur music yet?! Because it's pretty darned awesome. It's a common experience for me to want to play a game after listening to the soundtrack. That's how I first got interested in Ar tonelico. And now it's what has me interested in Amalur.

(composer: Grant Kirkhope. He did a bunch of stuff w/ RARE and other studios. From GoldenEye to Viva Pinata, this guy has a crazy track record.)

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »

I have listened to the music as well. I like it. And if you're interested in Grant Kirkhope, you should keep an eye on the site in the near future ;)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »

Your reasoning is absurd, and your tinfoil hat theories aren't lending any credibility to your arguments.

You can frame it however you want, but reasoning that online passes are shitty is not absurd.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »

Your reasoning is absurd, and your tinfoil hat theories aren't lending any credibility to your arguments.

You can frame it however you want, but reasoning that online passes are shitty is not absurd.

And you can frame it any way YOU want, but you're presenting nothing more than a fairly cynical opinion. Shame on those developers for trying to make money of their game. It's simply immoral!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »

And you've presented no proof about what they're doing other then "They said that's what they're doing! It must be true!"

I have no problem with anyone trying to make money from games for a living, but being blatantly anti-consumer, and lying about the reasons for it is just insulting. It genuinely baffles me that anyone would defend this.

This has nothing to do with making money, other than bilking people out of it.

To be honest, I was content to let the matter rest, but Leyviur had to barge in and do what he does best - contribute nothing except being petty, shitty and miserable.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2012, 10:43:33 PM »

I am having a hard time figuring out how rewarding the consumer who supports your product while still allowing those who opt for the cheaper route a method to get this content is anti-consumer.

And my proof is based upon every single act and word spoken by this game's development team since this game was announced. They have done not one single thing to display an anticonsumer tendency, and in fact have come across as some of the most dedicated and humble people (open to change and criticism) dedicated to making a game that RPG lovers will enjoy that I've seen in recent years. And we have people on staff who have MET THEM and can confirm this.

EDIT:

Leyviur isn't being petty, shitty, or miserable. He's just blunt. He's saying what everyone else is avoiding saying.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:47:38 PM by Taelus » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »

And you've presented no proof about what they're doing other then "They said that's what they're doing! It must be true!"

Nor do you have any proof that the opposite is true, either.

How are they bilking people out of money? By encouraging them to buy new instead of used? They're not making extra money off of those who were planning to buy it new anyway. And if it WERE paid DLC (or if it becomes paid DLC, much like how Mass Effect 2 included the Cerberus Pack for free, but if your copy is used you have to buy the CP), who's being forced to buy it? No one.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »

Nor do you have any proof that the opposite is true, either.

How are they bilking people out of money? By encouraging them to buy new instead of used? They're not making extra money off of those who were planning to buy it new anyway. And if it WERE paid DLC (or if it becomes paid DLC, much like how Mass Effect 2 included the Cerberus Pack for free, but if your copy is used you have to buy the CP), who's being forced to buy it? No one.

Yup. And instead of giving it free to new purchasers, they could have just NOT done an online pass and released it as paid day one DLC for everyone-- then EVERYONE would have to pay for it. By your logic, Lard, this would be preferable to the online pass.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2012, 11:03:16 PM »

They have done not one single thing to display an anticonsumer tendency

Now I know you're just trolling. It's an online pass. It's labeled online pass. Online passes are blatantly anti-consumer.
It punishes people whether they buy the game new or not. It does not reward them.

Are you going to be able to access that DLC content forever? No.

There's already definitive proof that online passes can expire, so even if you buy the game new, you may not be able to get the content.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/03/ea-online-pass-can-expire-for-new-game-purchases-but-it-should/

If they want to lock out MP mode because they want to claim they need the money to run the servers, that's one thing.
Removing actual story content from the game is another.

What would be preferable would to just put it on the bloody disc. Encourage people to buy the game on good faith. Not take content from it and lock it out.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »

Now I know you're just trolling. It's an online pass. It's labeled online pass. Online passes are blatantly anti-consumer.
It punishes people whether they buy the game new or not. It does not reward them.

I'm trolling because I don't agree with you? And you've completely ignored my main statement. This doesn't HARM anyone. It in no way punishes you if you buy new. If you buy the game new, not a single thing has changed. If you buy used, you have to pay for extra nonessential content. You don't buy a used car and expect it to come strapped with all the perks of a new car.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »

This game has pretty colors. I like that.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »

I'm trolling because I don't agree with you? And you've completely ignored my main statement. This doesn't HARM anyone. It in no way punishes you if you buy new. If you buy the game new, not a single thing has changed. If you buy used, you have to pay for extra nonessential content. You don't buy a used car and expect it to come strapped with all the perks of a new car.

Apples and oranges.

It's more like saying you shouldn't expect a used book to come with all the chapters in it.

You're saying this is free content that is being given to us when it is content that has been taken out of the game and locked up.

That is harmful for everyone.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »

The hilarious thing about them expiring is that this pushes towards used sales even more than no online pass would've; why pay $20 for a new copy of Dragon Age II when the incentive for new doesn't even work, especially on other (usually newer) EA games that don't have stuff like a manual that used copies often lack? Though, for whatever it's worth, I think it may be standard policy to put an expiration date on those things. Whether they're enforced or not is another matter, I've gotten XBLA codes that should've been dead for I think a few YEARS that still worked, and similarly Yakuza 3 came with a costume code that should've been expired for about a year yet worked just fine.

Now, I really don't think much more can be said on the subject, rationally anyway, so it's best to let that wither away unless no one minds me LOCKING the thread until release.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »

Apples and oranges.

It's more like saying you shouldn't expect a used book to come with all the chapters in it.

Except that all the chapters in a book are essential. The House of Valor quests are not.

As Eusis said, the conversation needs to change back to the game now.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: