Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  just picked up infinite undiscovery for 10 bucks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: just picked up infinite undiscovery for 10 bucks  (Read 1888 times)
howitis

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2011, 02:17:34 AM »

just played for about an hour, and im liking it.  reminds me alot of the star ocean games.  This quote on the games wikipedia page also got me excited.  According to tri-Ace co-founder and R&D programmer Yoshiharu Gotanda, this game is set to contain 10 years worth of ideas that can finally be realized by the power of the Xbox 360 and that with it, "RPGs will undergo a true evolution."[12] tri-Ace wishes to achieve this by putting the player through "situational battles" that will lead to "unknown discoveries" and cause permanent changes to the world.

i did notice that alot of the dialog is texts with no portrait to show who is talking.  very bad way of doing it.  After searching on the net i see this is because the japanese version is 100% voice acted while the US version is only the cutscene.  This is unforgivable, why not just include the japanese audio.

anyway, i do enjoy picking up cheap rpgs when they go on sale :P
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:30 AM »

I bought a copy from Wild Armor's Used Game Emporium but have yet to play it. I will though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:28 AM »

Obligatory.

Also, the name of this game... what the shit.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:23:24 AM »

I paid $20. I liked the first ten minutes. Then I got rid of it and wished I never bought it.

That said, hope you enjoy! :)

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 05:42:43 AM »

Obligatory.

I...I never noticed this before but does that kid in blue have VaanAbs?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »

I hope it's better than Star Ocean 4 or else you will be disappointed.
There are some TriAce games I trully love like VP2 and Resonance of Fate but on the other hand I just can't stand the stupid character they put in some of their games.

I won't judge this one without playing it but from what I've looked online it has its share of dumbness. Maybe if you don't care much about it and focus more on the gameplay you can have a good time witth it, at least that's how it was for me with Star Ocean 4 until I could not stand it anymore.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »

I personally could never get into it. It's just in my pile of now unplayed 360 games. I have a rather large backlog so I honestly cannot see myself playing it again but maybe I'll be able to. I feel bad because I love RPGs but I'm pretty sure I haven't liked a single 360 RPG I've played yet. Hope you like it more :P

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:48:26 PM »

Obligatory.

I could never buy this game just because those twins SCARED ME SO MUCH. Their faces..oh god, their FACES!

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »

Back then, I was desperate for a jRPG and had only a 360. Even with those circumstances... I couldn't play this for more than 5 hours before never touching it again.

and yeah, the twins are creepy as hell. Worst is, the cast up to that point is so shitty, I was actually using them ;_;
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:57:51 PM by Annubis » Logged
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 01:08:37 PM »

This game is a nightmare for those with OCD. The "infinite undiscoveries" are far from it, and mostly result in tagging each companion in your party and talking to every person in town over and over again. As your party grows this is far from fun... I got about half way then quit.

If you're the type that couldn't care less about sidequests and achievements than the battle system is quite fun.
laserSquad

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 07:05:54 AM »

Hi folks - first post ;)

I tried to play this few years ago...liked the presentation and setting, but when it came to combat I totally flopped. Back then I avoided action jRpgs like a plague...but toughened up a bit since and would like to have another go at this.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 11:25:22 PM »

Obligatory.

Really? Dance of the farts is just so generic. I've played this for about 5 minutes and will get to it as well as blue dragon and lost odyssey. 
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 11:26:38 PM »

DINNER DINNER DINNER

Infinite Undiscovery is one of those Bad but enjoyable JRPGs. Like a bad movie that's enjoyable.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 06:02:28 PM »

If this included the Japanese audio then I would be able to get through the game. It has a lot of features that are interesting additions to the RPG genre but fell short of being used in a way that is enjoyable. The battle system is as expected from Tri-Ace...Badass! The english voice acting was just awful to the point of having no more interest in the already mediocre story line. Good luck
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »

*Infinite Undiscovery of Invisible Walls

Nah, I think it's okay. Worth ten bucks. The soundtrack's incredible.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: