Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329417 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Devil Survivor Overclocked
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Devil Survivor Overclocked  (Read 7566 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2011, 10:15:28 PM »

Is it kind of weird a boss spoke Japanese to me?

Nah, demon chatter sounds the same as on the DS.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »

No, no. I mean, it literally showed me a small wall of text in Japanese in my English copy.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »

No, no. I mean, it literally showed me a small wall of text in Japanese in my English copy.

That DOES sound abnormal. Look at the Atlus forums?
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 11:28:52 AM »

So, I'm at 18:00 on Day 6, and I've tried this stupid fight several times to no avail.

I'm choosing to help the angels, which means stopping any people from dying, but killing all of the demons.  Stupid Honda keeps getting killed after the first few demons die.  It looks like there are only two places he can make it through the barricade to where the angels and the exit are, so next time around, I'll try just leaving party members blocking those places.

Sadly, I find myself wishing there were no 8th day.  Or at least that I get an ending with only 7 days.  I want to finish the game, but I'm not really having fun any more.  I don't know which of the 8,000 different plot lines I should be following, and I assume that I don't have enough time to finish all of them.

And the whole thing about God wanting to remove man's free will... how am I supposed to be in favor of any plan that includes that as a possibility?  According to my religion, that is literally the reason that Satan was cast out of heaven - he said "Hey, God, I'll make sure EVERYBODY comes back to you when they die, because I'll remove their free will and not let them choose to sin." Argh.  I just feel like none of my choices will lead to any kind of positive - or even satisfying - outcome.

I know I could consult a walkthrough, but I also know that doing so would mean spoilers, if I could even follow it.  I can't imagine what a tangled mess it would be to try to write a walkthrough for this game.  And I assume that it would also mean starting over, because with a game like this, it doesn't seem like you'd be able to drop into the final hour of day 6 and be able to salvage anything.

I'm not saying the game is terrible... It's got good gameplay, and I really like the strategical options I have in battle.  I always play games on mute, so I'm not hearing the apparently not-so-hot voice acting.  I just feel like it's a game that requires me to play it more than once, and I don't like that.  I like it when games LET me play them more than once, and give me incentive to do so, but I don't like it when they say "Hey, this first time around is not going to go well.  It's only there so you'll know what not to do the second time."

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »

So, I'm at 18:00 on Day 6, and I've tried this stupid fight several times to no avail.
Here's a small solution to that problem instead of blocking people from getting away.

Code:
You're allowed to beat Honda yourself before the angels do. Doing so will destroy his COMP, forcing him to flee from the field.

Also, about that small controversial thing...

Code:
SMT games always have things like these. Also, there are two routes where humanity stops being blessed with god: Naoya's and Yuzu's.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:47:43 AM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure that showed up in the DS version and people pointed it out on the Atlus forums a while ago when the game came out.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954869-shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor/50198490

"Oh, a hunter..."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »

Thanks, ACC - that makes sense. I'll take that route next time I fight the battle.

—Kurt Vonnegut
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 10:01:24 PM »

Thanks, ACC - that makes sense. I'll take that route next time I fight the battle.
What th-I thought you didn't want to go down those routes.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:56 PM »

I meant your solution to blocking people, sorry - bad choice of words. :)  Was trying to avoid saying anything spoilery.

—Kurt Vonnegut
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »

SWEET JEBHUS, I finally got 100% completion in this game. I'm so...but so happy...

Code:
That also means I beat gosh-darned Lucifer without relying completely on that Recarm strategy thing.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2011, 05:37:22 PM »

Good for you. I'll gladly be avoiding this overrated pile of shit. Shin Megami Tensei? More like Shit Megami Tensei.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »

Good for you. I'll gladly be avoiding this overrated pile of shit. Shin Megami Tensei? More like Shit Megami Tensei.

BRAVO.

It took my a while to see what you did there, but in the end I got it. Truly, you are the next Oscar Wilde.

EDIT: I put the pun in bold, just in case anyone misses it - I know some of you aren't smart enough to get it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2011, 05:45:47 PM »

This game wasn't overrated at all. What?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: