Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:49:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327192 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Ratchet and Clank: All for One
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ratchet and Clank: All for One  (Read 2221 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 13, 2011, 04:45:01 AM »

Eagerly awaiting this game. Big fan of R&C games since #2, and the coop factor looks like fun. Anyone else picking this up next tuesday?

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »

I love Ratchet and Clank games. But no, I will not be picking this up. I hate what I've seen of it so far, and I hope this is just a one time spin off. I'd be very disappointed if this was the direction all future games in the series would take.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate: May as well.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »

I disagree, the game looks pretty solid so far. Very similar to old r&c games, but with a bit of a multiplayer rpg-ish "help your buds, but look out for number one" style play. Plus dr. Nefarious is just so fucking cool damnit.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »

I might have a glance at a few more trailers, but to me it looks like on of those cheap money grab spin-offs. Could be wrong, I thought I'd hate "Diddy Kong Racing" when I first saw it being advertised, and it ended up being one of my favourite N64 games.

NOW PLAYING:
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »

Nah, it's a full R&C title, they just leaned towards a more coop style of play. It's similar to deadlocked if you played that. I'll have it hopefully later today so i'll give a better idea of what it's like later.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 06:10:52 PM »

Nah, it's a full R&C title, they just leaned towards a more coop style of play. It's similar to deadlocked if you played that. I'll have it hopefully later today so i'll give a better idea of what it's like later.

Please do, to be honst, Id much rather be pleasantly surprised than right in this case.

NOW PLAYING:
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »

Got dicked by paychecks, no money til thursday or friday. Guess it's gonna be a couple days yet...damnit.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »

I'm just not convinced by this whole Co-op thing. I never liked AI partners, and R&C have always been pure single player games, and that's exactly how I liked them. Guess Ill look at a few more trailers and some lets plays if anyone decides to make them. Maybe Ill warm up to the idea. In the meantime, I've still got "Crack in Time" to hold me over for a while.

NOW PLAYING:
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »

Some of the reception seems lukewarm. I get the impression that this IS something Insomniac wants to do though given the MP focus of Deadlocked, but they'll probably swing back to the traditional formula afterwards unless they think they're just done with it period. Though, they probably COULD change it dramatically while still having roughly the same structure and all if they just want to make it fresh, not transform it permanently into a multiplayer series.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »

I haven't played a Ratchet and Clank game since Tools of Destruction. I never really got into that one for some reason. I enjoyed the first three games heavily, but for some reason, I thought Tools lacked the charm. As did Deadlocked (is that what you Americans call it?). I still need to give A Crack in Time a shot though, so that might be good. As for All 4 One, I'll see what people think of it.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
laserSquad

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:44:04 AM »

Small problem with co-op: you need another human to participate (and the AI driven usually sucks). But it`s a new (un)Holy Grail of game design so there you have it. Destructoid is not my fave reviews source but they sound on the money saying it should be a PSN title costing ~15 bucks.

Guess Insomniac`s main resources are directed elsewhere these days, what with going multiplatform and all that.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »

Downloaded the PSN demo, might give it a go today and see what its made of. Not expecting much, but that hopefully means I'll be pleasantly surprised.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:50:04 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »

4 weeks after release and i finally nabbed it....that's probably the best part of this story.

I'll start with the good. The online handles fairly well. Very little lag, though i have a new and improved internet connection so that could be the culprit. I also want to state that the coop play is pretty well made. If i never played a ratchet title this game would have rocked. There lies the problem.

If you've played any of the previous 6 games, you will feel alienated and significantly hampered compared to even the first title in the series. No camera control, no leveling up weapons or health, no secondary secret items like the box buster or the magnetic wrench booster, NO FUCKING DASH BOOTS ARGHFUCKDAMNIT. The game has lost a huge number of its gameplay elements and i don't understand why. Even the story advancement lost a huge chunk of its awesomness. No side missions, no arena, no mini games. The whole game feels incomplete. I'm dissapointed greatly with this game. And considering how much of a fan i am, that was a difficult task to pull off. Good job insomniac.

TASTY!
Wendriel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 03:17:01 PM »

Thanks very much for confirming my decision not to purchase this one.  Longtime R&C fan here, even loved Deadlocked, but I'd only play this one single player and it doesn't seem worth it if it's so stripped down in terms of leveling and control.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: