Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 04:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329312 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?  (Read 43994 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 02:36:29 AM »

Isn't the engine the same as FFXIII's? FFXIII-2 showed that really isn't a great engine for more open areas, seems like that effect would be compounded in an MMO.

Yeah it is. Crystal Tools. I found out the new engine is actually not a new engine at all, just a heavily modified version of the current one that has better scaling. Not impressed.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 02:38:11 AM »

I played FF11 online and I rather liked it. It wasn't like the regular series in gayness imo so...

I'm curious about this one. I'll look forward to the reviews.

Looks like I'd need a hell of a graphics card and rig to run it tho.

We have one of those. Review Update will be going up in a few days, so check back daily.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »

The new 2.0 Screenshots look sick. It really makes me want to try it out. I only played FFX11 though and I thought that was a bit of a grindfest after a while..not sure how much I'd like this one. Looks so pretty though lol
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 06:29:13 AM »

are they doing anything about character models? i hate how blank and pastey character face's look in screens that i've seen.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 04:57:03 AM »

So patch 1.23 came out yesterday, The last content patch before 2.0. They also launched the new website and launch trailer (see front page). Im a little disappointed in the trailer since it doesn't show any ingame footage and was kind of a Michael Bay mess to begin with. Here's hoping they fix some of the endgames glaring problems before launch. The risk vs. reward right now is tragic.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »

Trailer was absolutely terrible.  The narrator was poorly chosen, we have a bunch of fancy CG featuring fighting without any context, a bunch of stupid one-liners as if they were trying to market a summer blockbuster, and that's pretty much it.

If they are intent on convincing everyone that they have a decent game lined up, then maybe they should consider actually showing it off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 11:03:26 PM »

If they are intent on convincing everyone that they have a decent game lined up, then maybe they should consider actually showing it off.

Just a guess but maybe they are doing all the things one step at a time to not screw up again? After all they have to be careful with the bunch of (depressingly) angry fans that the franchise has nowadays.

It still makes my head shake in desperation seeing how XI and XVI being MMOs are part of the main series instead of being their own thing like Metal Gear is with the Metal Gear Online stuff.

But anyway, I hope XIV 2.0 is good. I really do.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »

I partially agree with you there. If you were not familiar with the events of the end of the 6th Astral Age/ beginning of the 7th Umbral Era none of that trailer made sense. It highlighted most of the major NPCs and turning points of the conflict with Garlemand. It was still a messy trailer that gives no point of reference for the uninitiated.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 02:27:29 AM »

Because advertising is all abouy bringing back the existing audience who is already fully into and aware of your project, and has nothing to do with attracting a new audience and expanding your sphere of influence ( and building more bank).

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2012, 06:18:50 AM »

"Square Enix Europe has revealed their lineup for Gamescom, due here in just a few short weeks.

Headlining the show will be the world premiere gameplay presentation for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn – the newly remade version of Square’s Final Fantasy MMORPG. Producer/director Naoki Yoshida will take the stage and will be present for autograph sessions on Friday and Saturday."
-- Source: Nova Crystallis
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 03:35:41 AM »

gameplay
http://jpgames.de/2012/08/gamescom-2012-final-fantasy-xiv-gameplay-video/
its on youtube too. jumping looked retarded till i saw them jump over a fence. curious how that gui will work on ps3. i have a wireless mouse but still.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »

I like the UI changes and the environments look sooo much better. The combat appears to be unchanged. Here's hoping they make it more action oriented with a solid group finder for content.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 05:25:22 AM »

Here's the HD version of the entire presentation. Does it more justice. Visually the world looks so much better with real time and ambient shadows.

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn 1080p Gamescom Presentation

Combat still looks wooden and slow, but everything else looks good.
It also looks like they put up the new class and job on the official page only to take it down minutes later. Looks like we will be getting Arcanist as a class and Summoner as a job. My guess is they are saving the big reveal for later on. Cat's out of the bag on that one XP
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »

BTW, there's a new CG trailer for the game on the official site which is MUCH better than the Michael Bay bullshit they put up earlier. The FF fanboy in me is actually getting excited. Here's hoping I don't have to suffocate him with a pillow if the beta is a mess.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »

Regaining fans' trust in Final Fantasy will take a "long time", FF14 producer says -- Source: Eurogamer

Here's the HD version of the entire presentation. Does it more justice. Visually the world looks so much better with real time and ambient shadows.

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn 1080p Gamescom Presentation

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: