Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:03:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330138 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?  (Read 44780 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »

Final save has occured, End of Days event is going on right now. Here's my Gallery so far. Gotta say, i'm pretty stoked for the final moon fall on Nov 11th.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »

Out of curiosity, whatever happened to them making legacy server(s) to keep the current version of the game running?  Did they ditch that idea already? 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »

No clue. They said they would keep the servers online if and only if at least 30% of the playerbase wanted it, which they did (the Japanese players by the largest margin), but they did say that if the population ever dropped below that they would not keep them live after Nov 11th.
My guess is that after the first few days of shock and awe of the city invasions people just didn't feel the need to log in since the final save state. Hyperion is a ghost town ATM.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »

It's kind of a shame we'd actually HAVE a Final Fantasy "vanish" as it were. It'll be interesting to read/watch an attempt to chronicle the game's events.

Wonder if they even remember those codes registered from FFXIII, I wouldn't mind giving the reboot a shot.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

SO, almost literally, they're dropping a bomb on the world and give it a "rebirth"?????  Pretty messed up, but definitely different.

Anyone else joining the new game??

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2012, 02:46:01 AM »

Ps3 a gogo.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2012, 04:40:57 AM »

same here im gonna try to get into the ps3 public beta

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »

I think this is probably one of my favorite caps from the twilight of Eorzea.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2012, 09:26:25 AM »

SO, almost literally, they're dropping a bomb on the world and give it a "rebirth"?????  Pretty messed up, but definitely different.

Anyone else joining the new game??

technically it's not a "new" world, after the events of Meteor, the players get transported somewhere in time. Some say five years later, some five hundred. We won't really know till we get to play alpha. I do love them handing out relic weapons like candy though. Shame we don't get to keep them.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »

Since I have an account, I'll probably check it out. IIRC people with existing accounts will get a second trial stage.

BTW, is there any place where I can get a plot summation of what's going on? The only thing I can gather from watching the trailers and stuff is that some big explosion is going to kill a bunch of people. Not exactly engaged by that, heh.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:38:11 AM by Hathen » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »

Since I have an account, I'll probably check it out. IIRC people with existing accounts will get a second trial stage.

BTW, is there any place where I can get a plot summation of what's going on? The only thing I can gather from watching the trailers and stuff is that some big explosion is going to kill a bunch of people.

Cliffs Notes Version:
1. Garlean Empire invades sovereign nation of Ala Mhigo, establishing a foothold on Eorzea.
2. Ishgard closes its walls off, it's got enough problems fighting the dragons.
3. The beastmen and their Primals  (Ifrit, Garuda, etc) are the only things keeping the Empire from taking over the rest of the continent.

Youtube cutscenes: It Kills with Fire, In for Garuda Wakening

4. One of the Emperor's Legatus (Judges) Niel Van Darnus and his VIIth legion embark on a quest to destroy the Primals.
5. The players do it for him, on accident of course.
6. Van Darnus is batshit INSANE. He wants to purify the world in flames.

Youtube cutscenes : Alive, Dont Hate the Messenger 1/2, Don't Hate the Messenger 2/2

7. Van Darnus becomes obsessed with the works of Cid's father, who used to be the magistrate of technology or something of the sort in Garlemande.
8. The research in question connects the ancient civilization of Allag to the red moon "Dalamund"
9. You learn that Cid himself figured out how to tap the power of the red moon, and in the process destroys an entire city, which is why he fled Garlemande in shame and is holed up on Uldah.

Youtube Cutscene: United We Stand

10. Van Darnus manages to create a Lunar Transmitter to bring Dalamund down to earth.
11. The players manage to destroy the transmitter, but discover that not only is Van Darnus incredibly insane (very Sephiroth scene), but something from the red moon is giving him power/controlling him.

Youtube cutscene:   To Kill a Raven 1/2, To Kill a Raven 2/2

12. By taking the power of Allag and Dalamund into himself, Van Darnus resurrects the ruins of Rivenroad to be the resting place of Dalamund. He then proceeds to rain fire on the world.
13. This state of emergency causes the three city states of Uldah, Limsa Lominsa and Gridania to unite their Grand Companies (military) into the Eorzean Alliance of olden times.
14. You are dispatched to Rivenroad to kill Van Darnus and stop Dalamund from falling.
15. Van Darnus kicks your ass 20x, then you finally kill the fucker.
16. The world is saved.....

Youtube cutscenes - Living on a Prayer 1/2, Living on a Prayer 2/2

17. The world is still fucked. Dalamund isn't slowing down. Van Darnus is dead but his VIIth Legion continues to prepare for the "cleansing."
18. The players are sent on a pilgrimage by one of the Archons (legendary heroes) to visit the resting places of The Twelve (Pantheon of Gods who created Hydaelen.)
19. The Twelve awaken, giving their blessings to the player, bestowing a spell of summoning to an Archon and granting relics to players.. yay.
20. Black hells seep forth as Atomos begins to appear at aetherytes, demons and undead begin to swarm the countryside and all manners of beasts and imperials invade the cities.
21. The undead version of Van Darnus' god form lives on in "The Raven, Nevermore" ultimate fight - optional.
22. from 10pm - 11pm PST Nov 10th will be the hour of reckoning where the Eorzean Alliance makes its final stand.
23. 12am PST Nov 11th (midnight) Dalamund falls, the spell to summon the Twelve is cast, everything goes to hell.
24. The curtain falls, and the servers go offline.
25. Live Letter from the Producer at 2am Nov 11th.

The End.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:46:14 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »

Most excellent news!

In order to rally the greatest possible number of adventurers for the final reckoning, the game will be opened to all FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account holders between Thursday, November 8, 2012, at midnight and Sunday, November 11, 2012, at the same hour (PST). You will be able to log in* during this time regardless of your subscription status.
* With the exception of The Lodestone and the official forums.
* Any progress made will not carry over to A Realm Reborn.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2012, 10:19:55 AM »

That'd be nice, but I'm sure it'd take me about that long just to download the client. =P
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2012, 10:40:41 AM »

updated cliffs notes with all relevant videos. Enjoy.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »

Coolio, thanks. If there's one thing I definitely wished to see more of while I was playing it was the cutscenes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: