Since I have an account, I'll probably check it out. IIRC people with existing accounts will get a second trial stage.
BTW, is there any place where I can get a plot summation of what's going on? The only thing I can gather from watching the trailers and stuff is that some big explosion is going to kill a bunch of people.
Cliffs Notes Version:
1. Garlean Empire invades sovereign nation of Ala Mhigo, establishing a foothold on Eorzea.
2. Ishgard closes its walls off, it's got enough problems fighting the dragons.
3. The beastmen and their Primals (Ifrit, Garuda, etc) are the only things keeping the Empire from taking over the rest of the continent.
Youtube cutscenes: It Kills with Fire
, In for Garuda Wakening
4. One of the Emperor's Legatus (Judges) Niel Van Darnus and his VIIth legion embark on a quest to destroy the Primals.
5. The players do it for him, on accident of course.
6. Van Darnus is batshit INSANE. He wants to purify the world in flames.
Youtube cutscenes : Alive
, Dont Hate the Messenger 1/2
, Don't Hate the Messenger 2/2
7. Van Darnus becomes obsessed with the works of Cid's father, who used to be the magistrate of technology or something of the sort in Garlemande.
8. The research in question connects the ancient civilization of Allag to the red moon "Dalamund"
9. You learn that Cid himself figured out how to tap the power of the red moon, and in the process destroys an entire city, which is why he fled Garlemande in shame and is holed up on Uldah.
Youtube Cutscene: United We Stand
10. Van Darnus manages to create a Lunar Transmitter to bring Dalamund down to earth.
11. The players manage to destroy the transmitter, but discover that not only is Van Darnus incredibly insane (very Sephiroth scene), but something from the red moon is giving him power/controlling him.
Youtube cutscene: To Kill a Raven 1/2
, To Kill a Raven 2/2
12. By taking the power of Allag and Dalamund into himself, Van Darnus resurrects the ruins of Rivenroad to be the resting place of Dalamund. He then proceeds to rain fire on the world.
13. This state of emergency causes the three city states of Uldah, Limsa Lominsa and Gridania to unite their Grand Companies (military) into the Eorzean Alliance of olden times.
14. You are dispatched to Rivenroad to kill Van Darnus and stop Dalamund from falling.
15. Van Darnus kicks your ass 20x, then you finally kill the fucker.
16. The world is saved.....
Youtube cutscenes - Living on a Prayer 1/2
, Living on a Prayer 2/2
17. The world is still fucked. Dalamund isn't slowing down. Van Darnus is dead but his VIIth Legion continues to prepare for the "cleansing."
18. The players are sent on a pilgrimage by one of the Archons (legendary heroes) to visit the resting places of The Twelve (Pantheon of Gods who created Hydaelen.)
19. The Twelve awaken, giving their blessings to the player, bestowing a spell of summoning to an Archon and granting relics to players.. yay.
20. Black hells seep forth as Atomos begins to appear at aetherytes, demons and undead begin to swarm the countryside and all manners of beasts and imperials invade the cities.
21. The undead version of Van Darnus' god form lives on in "The Raven, Nevermore" ultimate fight - optional.
22. from 10pm - 11pm PST Nov 10th will be the hour of reckoning where the Eorzean Alliance makes its final stand.
23. 12am PST Nov 11th (midnight) Dalamund falls, the spell to summon the Twelve is cast, everything goes to hell.
24. The curtain falls, and the servers go offline.
25. Live Letter from the Producer at 2am Nov 11th.