Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335243 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?  (Read 48175 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »

Based on the video, kiting seemed pointless for those mobs though. Considering as a mage, the player was fighting 2 enemies at once, and standing her ground.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »

Yeah but that was a level 15 player fighting level 8 mobs. Had it been equal or higher level it would have been a much different encounter.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:02 AM »

Another batch of alpha invites just went out, check your inbox and spam filter. Anyone interested in testing group content board PM me. Trying to get people together on Bahamut server.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »

I've messed with it, and it's nice to see the MUCH improved graphics engine at work.  They have a decent foundation here, but it's obvious that their combat is a work in progress.  I'll mess with it here and there, but I want to avoid getting... attached.

I also want to strangle people on the test forums.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »

No kidding! Which server are you on Jason? I need a Tam Tara crew.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »

I made a character on each server for each class.  I've only achieved a few levels on each to get a feel for things.  Archer was the most fun of the three, probably because you can cheese the combat so easily.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »

I still need to play Archer and mess with crafting. Trying to level CON to 18 for Raise. When you get to 10, there's an NPC by Tam Tara that will raise you to 15 if you meet his conditions and sell you your class gear. I'm on Bahamut server. Character name is the same as it was on retail.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

Cleared Tam Tara. They've done a really good job of making sure everyone is rewarded. Quick dungeon, 20-30 minutes with an hour time limit. 15 min re-entry timer. Did some exploring and really impressed with the environment variety in just one "zone." Next batch of invites go out tomorrow.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »

Is the new graphics engine much more demanding?  I was barely cutting it before, though it still played quite smoothly.

FFXIV was one lick short of an orgasm, in my opinion.  Blue balls all the way back down, though.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2012, 12:38:40 AM »

i have a question about the combat in FFXIV... ive had friends tell me that combat in FFXI in its early days was far more entertaining than FFXIV's. and when i say early days im talking about the times when people actually did skillchains and mb's.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »

Is the new graphics engine much more demanding?  I was barely cutting it before, though it still played quite smoothly.

FFXIV was one lick short of an orgasm, in my opinion.  Blue balls all the way back down, though.

The engine is much more forgiving. There's a little loss of fidelity even on max settings, but it runs at 60fps with a billion people online. I can play on my lappy with ease. You can even run full screen and alt tab without crashing omg! But just remember its an alpha, not all shaders, effects, lighting is in. Though so far its running like butter on half the old HQ requirement.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:46:05 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »

i have a question about the combat in FFXIV... ive had friends tell me that combat in FFXI in its early days was far more entertaining than FFXIV's. and when i say early days im talking about the times when people actually did skillchains and mb's.

Kind of hard to answer. Inital FFXIV combat in 1.0 did not have an auto attack so you actually had more things to do in battle, it just wasnt very fast paced. After the first battle revision, they sped up the stamina bar and it was much better. The second revision removed stamina and added auto attack, but changed the skill timers and combat became suuuper slow. The final combat revision in 1.0 added the combo system and sped up overall combat, which was great because combos made subsequent WS's use no TP and had added bonuses (think self skill chain without an actual skill chain effect).  Combos required directional WS hits too.

Alpha combat right now has only one combo active and is traditional auto attack with global cooldown WS and spells, which is very similar to WoW, Rift etc. There are limit breaks and battle Regemins (skill chains) planned but not implemented. It's really very very early to gauge combat right now, but its much faster than XI or XIV 1.0 ever was.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2012, 12:29:20 PM »

Heads up! Today is the last day to apply for the FFXIV alpha. Another round of invites went out this morning and will be again on the 14th and the final round on the 17th.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2012, 11:10:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-v8WeZX4QQ

Crafting and gathering are showcased.  They ditched the shit minigame for gathering.  Crafting is now modernized with the ability to select what you make and the components are input for you, rather than having to do it manually while having a wiki page open like you did in Final Fantasy XI and XIV 1.0.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »

I got a copy of it real cheap today, so thought I'd give it a try. What server do you guys mainly play on?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: