Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335243 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?  (Read 48174 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2012, 08:32:59 AM »

I got a copy of it real cheap today, so thought I'd give it a try. What server do you guys mainly play on?
What do you mean you got a copy of it? FFXIV? The servers are all closed now while they finish 2.0.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »

I got a copy of it real cheap today, so thought I'd give it a try. What server do you guys mainly play on?

Yeah, I don't even know if you can register that code right now, everything is on lockdown till ARR launch. The servers are up until Dec 31st, but assuming you can even register and login, none of your progress will be saved. The final save state was early this month.  In answer to your question, I was on Hyperion, and I'm on Bahamut on the alpha. If a bunch of us get into the beta, we should coordinate so group content won't require the dreaded dungeon finder.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »

Huh, ok. Interesting. So I picked up a retail copy. Any idea if I will ever actually be able to use it?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »

Huh, ok. Interesting. So I picked up a retail copy. Any idea if I will ever actually be able to use it?
My bad if that sounded a tad overly direct, but yeah, I think you may be somewhat hosed dude. That being said, I SERIOUSLY doubt you'vre got a useless game. Probably just need to wait til XIV 2.0 comes out and maybe buy an expansion. I'd ask Tenchi or Parn for specifics, but this is Squeenix we're talking about...they'd be straight suicidal to do something like that.

TASTY!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »

My bad if that sounded a tad overly direct, but yeah, I think you may be somewhat hosed dude. That being said, I SERIOUSLY doubt you'vre got a useless game. Probably just need to wait til XIV 2.0 comes out and maybe buy an expansion. I'd ask Tenchi or Parn for specifics, but this is Squeenix we're talking about...they'd be straight suicidal to do something like that.

All good. I sent an email to Squeenix support a few hours ago, so hopefully they'll let me know what the story is. At the very least, it only cost me about $8, so it's not the end of the world.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2012, 08:20:52 PM »

To my knowledge, they were honoring the registration codes for version 1.0. Basically, if you paid for and registered 1.0 you got an upgrade to the 2.0 client for free. Otherwise you'll have to buy the new game retail or digital. Hopefully they will have a grace period for those original registration codes.

EDIT - It looks like they will still be honoring old codes after the launch of ARR. This article should answer most of your questions.

Upcoming Schedule of Operation and Billing Procedures for FINAL FANTASY XIV
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:23:38 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »

To my knowledge, they were honoring the registration codes for version 1.0. Basically, if you paid for and registered 1.0 you got an upgrade to the 2.0 client for free. Otherwise you'll have to buy the new game retail or digital. Hopefully they will have a grace period for those original registration codes.

EDIT - It looks like they will still be honoring old codes after the launch of ARR. This article should answer most of your questions.

Upcoming Schedule of Operation and Billing Procedures for FINAL FANTASY XIV

Should hopefully be okay then. Guess we'll see. Thanks!

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2012, 06:13:57 AM »

Just got an email back from them saying the code will definitely still work once A Realm Reborn is released.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2012, 10:55:48 AM »

Awesome.  They just threw up a new alpha video here

EDIT- Two major problems with the video. Firstly, they're playing with the mouse again instead of just using the hotkeys, which makes the tempo look plodding. Secondly, all WS can be used while moving. Only spells require you to stand still, so while the group play looks ok, it's unnecessarily static.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:04:37 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »

Some news with the beta. Looks like all Legacy account holders get a free pass. Here the official word, with the new development roadmap.

FFXIV beta update and roadmap
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »

Sweet, saves me from having to register.  Also, interestingly enough, it says phase 4 characters transfer to retail.  I guess they're treating the open beta phase as more or less free advertising/head start.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »

So once again, PS3 users are left in the dark.

What was the point of making video game consoles again?

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »

So once again, PS3 users are left in the dark.

What was the point of making video game consoles again?

Hunh? I'm not understanding your statement; PS3 testing begins in Phase 3. They're even giving priority to folks who purchased FF13. It's all in the development roadmap link at the bottom of that page.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:52:02 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2012, 01:30:29 AM »

Ok, i couldn't check the link on my phone, as it just downloaded a pdf that I didn't feel like dealing with on my phone. But it still stands to reason that PS3 users are left in the dust. We didn't get any access to the first version, no beta access til their phase 3, and no access to the official release til a much later date. Again, I ask, what was the point of video game consoles, outside of salvaging video games?

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2012, 03:26:40 AM »

Ok, i couldn't check the link on my phone, as it just downloaded a pdf that I didn't feel like dealing with on my phone. But it still stands to reason that PS3 users are left in the dust. We didn't get any access to the first version, no beta access til their phase 3, and no access to the official release til a much later date. Again, I ask, what was the point of video game consoles, outside of salvaging video games?

With the bulk of my games lately being bought on Steam for a fraction of the console cost (and controller compatible to boot), I've been asking myself the same question. Though I think PS3 owners missing out on ver. 1.0 was probably in the best interest for the greater good. I think they'd have a much harder time selling the game to another jaded audience after the PC launch debacle. I will say that at least by the time PS3 users will get into the beta, the controller setup will be in a much finalized state (there wont be any controller support till phase 2) and there will be MUCH more to see and do. At least when the game finally relaunches it "should" be a be a multi-platform simultaneous release like was originally planned 2 years ago.

I will say though, looking at the start time and estimated phase time, we probably won't see the official launch till June at the earliest. That's alot longer than I thought it would take. Hopefully there's enough new (not refurbished) content to warrant that wait. I'm really curious to see how the region specific servers play out in terms of latency, because I had very little issue in ver. 1.0 (till Ifrit) and just the rare random DC in the alpha. While I've always dreamed of an NA server, the more I think about it, it just wouldn't feel right to not have a multilingual server. After having dealt with the frustrations of the auto translator for years, you'd think it'd be an easy choice, but there's something about playing with players from all over the world that made my experience in XI more memorable than other MMOs I've played. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: