Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 07:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319687 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV 2.0 - Holy Shit!?  (Read 37580 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2013, 08:31:17 AM »

Beta client is up bitches, get downloading! :)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2013, 09:53:40 PM »

Only a couple of us got into phase 1 beta with this first wave, but Solaris will be on Bahamut server for phase 1. If anyone would like to join us for testing, shits and giggles, PM me for the ventrilo info.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »

God, I wish I could take this week off, but I have way too much work to do.  The worst part is that I may have to work late on several of those days.

Maybe I'll wake up early tomorrow and fool around with the character creator a bit before I head off.  Heh.

Edit: Also have been messing with the benchmark more and have found out what settings to turn off to maximize performance.

Code:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
Tested on:2/24/2013 9:33:54 PM
Score:5874
Average Framerate:47.597
Performance:Very High
 -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Graphics Presets: Custom
General
-Improve overall graphic quality. : Disabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Enabled
-Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Disabled
-Increase transparent lighting quality. : Disabled
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled
-Display : All
-Shadow Resolution : High: 2048 pixels
-Shadow Cascading : High
-Shadow Softening : High
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : High
-Anisotropic Filtering : High
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Effects While in Motion : Display All
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Off
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Disabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
12263.734MB
AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series(VRAM 2784 MB) 8.17.0010.1140

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:5874 1920x1080 Custom Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series

I might turn on the FXAA anti-aliasing depending on how much it affects my framerate.  I'm disappointed that I couldn't run the benchmark at 2560x1440, which is the resolution I was at during alpha testing.  I set the framerate cap to 30 during the alpha and it ran really nicely, so I'm expecting similar results this go-around.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:38:47 PM by Parn » Logged
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »

They've been having some major server issues, this morning when they went online, and now I did get on Tonberry but the lag is horrible...they are getting a good stress test thats for sure lol

doh
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »

Resignation from my job went effective today, but I didn't get into the beta... bah.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: March 11, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »

Is no one talking about this because you're all under NDA?

If so, can you at least say whether it's fun and or big/small/gigantic improvement over 14?  Also if under an NDA, when does it lift?  Can't find it on the Googles.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2013, 01:47:16 PM »

Correct, it's under NDA, which will be lifted at the start of Beta phase 3, which is probably about two months away.

I'll be providing screenshots and impressions at that time. :)

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »

Is no one talking about this because you're all under NDA?

If so, can you at least say whether it's fun and or big/small/gigantic improvement over 14?  Also if under an NDA, when does it lift?  Can't find it on the Googles.

Everything I'm about to say is stuff that has already been unveiled in some manner through developer commentary and Youtube videos.

In terms of content structure, it's pretty much your standard theme park MMO with some Warhammer/Guild Wars 2/Rift public quests thrown in, though with a more methodical combat system that doesn't allow you to spam moves.  You can see what I mean from the Youtube combat videos released so far, where you can see the global cooldown timer kick in for every attack.  Some don't like it and want something more... faster paced.  Personally, I'm OK with the methodical pacing.  Twitchier MMOs would be better served as full-on action games, which they are not, and I find myself not enjoying them as a result.  The pacing for FFXIV's combat sits between your standard theme park MMO and Final Fantasy XI which is exactly what I've been looking for.  I'll get my twitch gameplay from Dragon's Dogma 2 (or Deep Down or whatever Capcom wants to call it).

There is no shortage of theme park MMOs, but this one comes with the Square Enix level of polish you expect from them for their big budget releases.  As we all know, FFXIV 1.0 was NOT given that level of polish, which everyone got to listen to me bitch about ad infinitum.  With 2.0 however, there is no mistaking that this is a Final Fantasy product with love and care put into it, and it is a tremendous improvement over 1.0 in almost every department (I miss a few of Uematsu's songs which seem to have been almost completely replaced).  I want to say a lot more about the game's world, but I can't with the NDA.  All I can say is, I'm very impressed with what they've accomplished, especially in the small timeframe they've done it in.

I can say with certainty that I will be there for launch.  I can also say with certainty that I will definitely not be starting in Gridania when the game releases.  Alpha and the first two phases of beta are Gridania only, so I won't be wanting to start a level 1 character and going through Gridania's level 1 content for the fourth time right at launch.  In fact, I'll likely be starting in Ul'dah like before since I'm feeling that itch to tank once again.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »

Just bought a laptop last night for an emergency installation in manhattan, but it's a pretty shit one. If it can run ffxiv though, I'll probably try to be there at launch...unless they attempt a ps3 launch alongside it, then I'm all over the pstriple launch.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2013, 02:37:52 PM »

PS3 launch is simultaneous.  Phase 3 is when the PS3 beta begins.  Phase 2 is gamepad testing on PC, of which feedback for gamepad testing will impact both PC and PS3 players.  I'm a gamepad guy, so I am really pumped for phase 2.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2013, 12:45:22 AM »

PS3 launch is simultaneous.  Phase 3 is when the PS3 beta begins.  Phase 2 is gamepad testing on PC, of which feedback for gamepad testing will impact both PC and PS3 players.  I'm a gamepad guy, so I am really pumped for phase 2.
Ballin. I knew there was a reason I let you call me fat all the time.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2013, 12:53:30 AM »

I'll be upset if you don't make a galka this go-around.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2013, 04:53:05 AM »

I'm going to be there at launch so Embryon and I can be a Tango and Cash style crime-fighting duo.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2013, 05:33:52 AM »

I'll be upset if you don't make a galka this go-around.
Aww, I was gonna make a manthra...

TASTY!
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »

I'm going to be there at launch so Embryon and I can be a Tango and Cash style crime-fighting duo.

I am so behind this.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: