Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 09:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331520 Posts in 13574 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Walking Dead Season 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 2  (Read 7384 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »

...starts this Sunday.

SO who's psyched?
ME!!!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 03:22:12 PM »

I just realized a couple days ago that it was coming up this Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, but with tempered expectations. Unlike a lot of people, I was not happy with the show by the end of the 6 episode run. It started out great, then went downhill from there. Hopefully, someone has a clear vision as to where to go with this, and knocks it out of the park. We'll see.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Tworenniks
Hardcore Ginger

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »

I know I'll be watching it for sure!!

Currently playing:
Tales of Vesperia
Mana Khemia: Student Allience
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »

I just realized a couple days ago that it was coming up this Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, but with tempered expectations. Unlike a lot of people, I was not happy with the show by the end of the 6 episode run. It started out great, then went downhill from there. Hopefully, someone has a clear vision as to where to go with this, and knocks it out of the park. We'll see.

Well considering Frank Darabont fired the whole writing staff and then he got fired by the network while having the budget slashed and told to film indoors because it's cheaper I'm a little worried about the whole thing. It's certainly possible for this season to be amazing and I really hope it is, there's still a lot of good people working on the show so I have my fingers crossed.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »

No AMC for me:(( I'll have to stream it from somewhere tomorrow:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 12:59:44 AM »

I enjoyed it a lot. The first 15 minutes are some of the most tense television I've watched. It seems like the show is trying to re-align itself more with the comic, which is good. Not that I think the original parts are bad, but I really wanna see how the later issues get translated to screen. Love love love Andrea, my fav character so far. The talk show "Talking Dead" was kinda dumb, with exception of the Robert Kirkman parts.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:24:28 AM »

Yeah, it was definitely an improvement. The ending shocked the hell out of my wife and I, even though we both saw something coming a mile away. I was kind of annoyed by the people talking to the jesus statue, and was hoping no silly religious nonsense would follow Ricks speech. I should have known that this show wouldn't go that route.
Andrea is the blonde woman? I find her very annoying. I don't really have a favorite character. Maybe the asian dude, but he didn't do anything last night.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:38 PM »

Yeah, it was definitely an improvement. The ending shocked the hell out of my wife and I, even though we both saw something coming a mile away. I was kind of annoyed by the people talking to the jesus statue, and was hoping no silly religious nonsense would follow Ricks speech. I should have known that this show wouldn't go that route.
Andrea is the blonde woman? I find her very annoying. I don't really have a favorite character. Maybe the asian dude, but he didn't do anything last night.

Yeah, Andrea's the blond one. I can see why some people might not like her, but I find her so compelling. She has a lot of flaws, and doesn't do much to inspire people to like her, but she has inner strength that I think shines out. The intensity with which the actress stared at Dale when she was going off on him was really believable. I don't think she was right in any way, but that doesn't mean it didn't impress me any less. I'm really interested to see where her character goes.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:16:47 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »

Saw it today..finally.  Awesome, as I expected.  The ending WAS a bit shocking but that's to be expected. Can't wait for the next one.  Darryl really stepped up his game in the episode too. Man, that herd sequence was a nail-biter.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »

love the comics, love the show, sooo very excited for new season and based on interviews I've read with Kirkman the series is gonna be great!

Everything's Eventual
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 07:52:10 AM »

:(  That is all.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

The last episode was great. Finally an ep. that gave me a reason to keep watching. Gotta wait until Feb. now. Bummer.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »

Ya, I feel like I'm being led around, I watch this whole season so far where nothing happens until the last 5 minutes of this episode and now I'm frothing at the mouth for more. It's annoying that these guys have the capability to make a great show, I thought those last 5 minutes were one of the most intense times that I spent watching TV but I also felt that the show didn't really earn the response I got from the scene. Just a few months of waiting around to start bitching again.

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »

Well considering Frank Darabont fired the whole writing staff and then he got fired by the network while having the budget slashed and told to film indoors because it's cheaper I'm a little worried about the whole thing. It's certainly possible for this season to be amazing and I really hope it is, there's still a lot of good people working on the show so I have my fingers crossed.

i was okay with the first season even though it wasn't exactly the same as the comic. the second season kinda felt like there was a lot of filler and strayed even further from the comic. looking for sophia till the end of the season and the monologs in the church got on my nerves. andrea is obnoxious. i was sorta bummed they didn't follow comic scene for scene at first but i just reread the first 8 trades and there is definitely some things i can understand changing. on the one hand i'm thinking why would you rewrite a good thing? on the other hand i think, well at least the comic won't be a spoiler in the sense of story. i'm trying to just watch it for what it is now but it's hard. this i s why i try to watch movies first then read the book. 
konirash
I want to be acknowledge for who i am.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 02:15:48 AM »

The 3rd season will be more better still felt sorry for the little girl though..

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: