Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335290 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Anime to game adaptations we may never see...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Anime to game adaptations we may never see...  (Read 1947 times)
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »

While I sure hope these titles someday see the light of day stateside, I wouldn't hold my breathe... But none the less it appears that "A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives" is going to become an "adventure game" of sorts for the PSP......

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/10/11-1/a-dark-rabbit-has-seven-lives-game-scheduled-for-psp

Additionally, thought I am not as excited about it because the anime was sort of a let down for me, a "Blue Exorcist" title is also in production.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/10/10-1/blue-exorcist-adventure-rpg-headed-to-psp

Just thought I'd share the bittersweet news for any other anime fans out there as I didn't notice anything about it yet on RPGFan..... if I mistaken though please forgive me..... The point of it all is really to express my sadness over the fact that the PSP fanbase is all but dead in the US and costing us titles left and right.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

Welcome to the pit of despair every SRW fan has been in since they've first heard about it (though granted, it's more of taking a bunch of animes with a common element and smooshing them together than just an anime to game adaption).

Also admittedly most adaptations aren't really all that good anyway.

Additional: No PS2 Berserk. :qq:

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:27:37 PM »

Agreed, though my experience has only been with the original four .hack games (though I may try the GU series since I've heard they're better).

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »

Most anime to game adaptions are of the visual novel variety, so I wouldn't really expect to see those localized in the first place.  There are a ton of them, though.  But yeah, even the ones that aren't usually look like cheap cash-ins so most of the time I don't really feel like we're missing much.

There's a dungeon crawler RPG based on Madoka in the works for the PSP.  That was a really good show (mostly in how it messed with your expectations) and the dungeon crawling formula actually makes a lot of sense in the context of it, but I still have a hard time mustering any excitement for the game.  It looks so generic and uninspired.

The fact that I like games and anime doesn't mean that I'm going to buy bad games just because they're based off of an anime...

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »

Agreed, though my experience has only been with the original four .hack games (though I may try the GU series since I've heard they're better).

The .hack anime was developed as a result of a game idea actually- it's just in that case they ended up with a shootoff project that was far superior to the main one.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 03:33:07 AM »

Between Sailor Moon, Nanoha, and Madoka it's really a shame no one has tried to capitalize on the concept of a Magical Girl MMORPG. If there was ever a game theme that would sell like wildfire in the east it's that.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »

Games born from anime are usually shit that capitalizes on the otaku fanbase. Just look at the "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" series. Alarmingly enough, there are quite a few requests for that series in the U.S., to the despair of those with a lick of common fucking sense.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »

I want a Patlabor game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »

Anything "to game" is usually a disaster (there are rare instances of good adaptations, but every rule has exceptions), so they can stay in Japan for all I care.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:14:09 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 05:41:03 PM »

I still want to try out the DS games of Claymore,Death Note and Code Geass but alas it is not so.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 01:35:19 AM »

Anything "to game" is usually a disaster (there are rare instances of good adaptations, but every rule has exceptions), so they can stay in Japan for all I care.

I don't know. That Aliens DS game that just came out seems pretty damn good right now. Though granted I haven't seen much of a good videogame adaption of an anime that isn't a mash up like SRW or those Queen's Blade/Gate games (which are also like SRW).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 02:51:24 PM »

The Brave Story franchise did pretty well. Book into Movie which was a pretty good adaptation into multiple games. We only got Brave Story New Traveller, but its pretty good as well.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »

They are.  I liked the GU series a lot.  The formula is somewhat similar but much better executed.  There's only one thing that really bothered me about the series and it's nitpicky and not worth really mentioning.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »

GUNNM: Martian Memory for Playstation is one game of this ilk I definitely wanted to play.  That's my all time favorite manga and I've heard that the game was actually quite good. 

Biggest surprise for me was the Naruto: Path of the Ninja games.  I expected those to be crap, but they were actually enjoyable games. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »

Anime to game adaptations we may never see...

All of them, hopefully.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: