Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 08:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319733 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Serious defect in XS3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Serious defect in XS3  (Read 1437 times)
Rindu

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2006, 08:26:21 AM »

Okay, some of you might disagree with this--but I was really annoyed at the 4+ hours of story material at the beginning of the game.  After the first (short) dungeon, you do nothing but walk from one cutscene to the next, for four hours.  The pacing sucks.  And many cutscenes make no sense.

I'm not sure what to think of this game yet.  I haven't finished it yet, but the editor review here seems generous.  I can tell that LOTS of story has been hacked out.  

I'm still playing it, though, after 30 hours, so it must be fun.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 08:29:44 AM »

this is the bane of many story driven rpg's its near impossible to strike a balance between gameplay and storytelling without sacrificing one or the other.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lovely

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:33:22 AM »

I'm loving the game and its pacing myself. And though admitedly long, I like the story segments.
Of course, I'm the type of RPG gamer that pretty much ONLY plays for story and characters. So basically, I think it just falls into what type of rpg-gamer you are. *shrugs*

(as a side note, there was two errors in the review. One, you can walk if you want to by using one of the shoulder buttons (I forget which one, but I always push it by mistake when I mean to bring up a trap ^^;.  The other error is that MOMO's VA isn't Sherry Lynn who played MOMO is Xeno 1.)
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:02:12 AM »

Wow, what the hell are you talking about?

This is Xenosaga remember?  The first two games had the exact same format remember?  You knew what you were getting into.  What story segments didn't make any sense?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 10:06:22 AM »

As I can't merge the topics on PHPBB, apparently, go use the regular Xenosaga 3 thread.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: