Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:51:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Start a WoW Guild or I'm So Fucked
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Start a WoW Guild or I'm So Fucked  (Read 1674 times)
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2006, 04:24:05 PM »

This being my first semester in college, I just don't have the time for World of Warcraft that I used to. However, I've noticed many students on campus playing WoW, and I thought I might see if I couldn't arrange a University of Alaska Southeast WoW Guild.

However, I don't really know the first thing about guilds. I've only ever been part of one, and I've certainly never had any position of "power" or "authority."

I plee to the WoW-ites, hand me your wisdom! What goes into creating a succesful guild?

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

You are gonna leave our guild already, eh? Well. We can't help you with a successful guild since no one stays around to make it so.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 06:27:37 PM »

People want to stick around because it's fun and/or worthwhile.  I used to think it was because the leader's around a lot, but my current guild leader only shows up for raid times and yet we have 20+ people on most hours of the day.  /shrug

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
You are gonna leave our guild already, eh? Well. We can't help you with a successful guild since no one stays around to make it so.

Woah woah woah. I'll simply be rolling an alt for this guild. There is no way in hell I'm leaving Scarlet Veil.

Nice try though ;)

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 07:58:55 PM »

Honestly, the only thing you really have to have in a guild is a couple of people who've been around the block once or twice, who know the game pretty well.  After that, it's just a matter of finding people who aren't assholes.  Too bad that's the hard part. :P

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »

Quote from: "Shooichi"
This being my first semester in college, I just don't have the time for World of Warcraft that I used to. However, I've noticed many students on campus playing WoW, and I thought I might see if I couldn't arrange a University of Alaska Southeast WoW Guild.

However, I don't really know the first thing about guilds. I've only ever been part of one, and I've certainly never had any position of "power" or "authority."

I plee to the WoW-ites, hand me your wisdom! What goes into creating a succesful guild?

It just needs to be fun.  Don't recruit asshats.  Do try to promote unity (or whatever gets your members helping each other).

This guild I just joined a couple weeks ago is by far the best guild i've ever been in.  I love it.  Just gotta find cool people I guess.  Our guild leader isn't on that often.  IMO for most of us it's not a big deal at all.  (though, recently we've been recruiting more people and the requirements aren't really... strict (seems like they're inviting anyone 50+).  I personally don't like it).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 07:55:33 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Honestly, the only thing you really have to have in a guild is a couple of people who've been around the block once or twice, who know the game pretty well.  After that, it's just a matter of finding people who aren't assholes.  Too bad that's the hard part. :P

Especially on our server =P

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: