Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shining Force Releases
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shining Force Releases  (Read 2381 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »

Is Shining Tears any good?

Are you asking me? Because I've haven't played that.

I was asking generally.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 04:29:06 AM »

Anime & RPGl and  Do you have Shining the holy Ark or Shining  Wisdom for your Saturn? Both great titles if you can find them. Also, as mentioned by Zyco, the megadrive/genesis greatest hits has a couple of shining games. Sadly as stated, It was all downhill after the saturn.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »

Anime & RPGl and  Do you have Shining the holy Ark or Shining  Wisdom for your Saturn? Both great titles if you can find them. Also, as mentioned by Zyco, the megadrive/genesis greatest hits has a couple of shining games. Sadly as stated, It was all downhill after the saturn.

Unfortunately, I don't have either one of those titles. I'll look around and see if anyone is parting with them. Thanks.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »

shining tears is a diablo clone. imo its only good if you have someone to play with.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »

I think I've said it here before, but I wouldn't bother tracking down Shining Wisdom unless you have a turbo controller. It's a decent Zelda clone, but the control system is terrible. To do just about anything you have repeatedly tap a button - this includes making special attacks and even to move at more than a snail's pace. With one it moves at a nice and quickly though.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »

I love the first 2 Shining Force games. Tot his day they are the only Strat-RPG's I've ever played that I like. I had Shining In The Darkness (actually still do since it's on the Sega Comp.), but I'm not too into first person RPG's so I never finished it. My fave was Shining Wisdom. Wish they would rerelease that. It was a Zelda-esque game.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »

I actually didn't mind Shining Force Neo as a game. As a Shining Force game it obviously was a dumb idea and failed the basic naming convention of the whole Shining series. I personally think the game would have gotten a lot less flak if it was just Shining <anything> instead of Force. It is pretty brainless and at most points is either fall asleep easy or ball crushingly hard (read: cheap) but it was one of the last PS2 games I really played a lot of. I could never find EXA for less then a billion dollars.

That said, SF2 is still my favorite SRPG and I can't see anything dethroning it. Maybe if Sega ever releases all of SF3.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »

I second that statement.... Ironically I was just kicking around the idea of picking these up myself.... Played through them both as a child and remember I adored them.......

I love replaying games I haven't played in, like, 15 odd years or something like that..... However long its been, it evokes such interesting emotion.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: