Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 05:40:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327347 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  I need to record PS3 gameplay footage.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I need to record PS3 gameplay footage.  (Read 1945 times)
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:27:14 AM »

Do you guys know a good way to do that? I am willing to spend some money on it. Right now I have a somewhat weak laptop and I heard that video capture cards are usually the type of things you have to install. So I don't know if I can do that unless there is a USB video capture card. I want to record in the best possible quality. The Angry Video Game Nerd uses a DVD recorder and then I guess he just rips the DVD with his computer. So that's a possibility as well.

I just don't want to do another video the way I did my Catherine review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqlk3oi1TE) which was by searching youtube for videos in which people played the way I wanted them to.

To sum up: HELP ME!

Thanks.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

This is the best product suited for your needs.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

This is the best product suited for your needs.

I own this. It's awesome. It doesn't do HDMI hook ups - highest you can go is component.

It works best with PCs, but I heard there's mac software that works with this too.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:32:56 PM »

I've done some research on the subject, and HDMI and component are roughly equivalent in terms of quality.  In fact, what I've seen says that it's impossible to know which will look better ahead of time - it's all down to which display code was better optimized on the device you're sending the signal from.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »

The quality distinction matters even less since the videos are going to be put on Youtube.  The HD PVR is limited to 1080i, but deinterlacing the footage during editing solves that pretty quickly.
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 05:40:59 AM »

Awesome.  I think you guys just totally destroyed my problem.  Now I have to check how much it's gonna cost with shipping to freaking JAPAN!

Thanks a lot.

The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:54:07 AM »

I recently realized that my TV doesn't have component inputs, so Hauppage might not be the way to go for me. But I've thought of some options.

Could use the component output from the PS3 to the Hauppage and the HDMI output to my TV and would it send the picture to both? In other words, I'd be watching myself play on the HDMI cable but recording what comes through the component cables.

Another thought I had was, what if I got a DVD recorder instead. They're probably cheaper.

What do you guys think? Thanks for your help.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: