Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 04:20:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338067 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Level-5's Girl RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Level-5's Girl RPG  (Read 2533 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »

Actually, I don't think this is meant for little girls. Most of the male characters appearing in this game mean nothing to them and even though the game makes it seem all cute and sparkly, hostess bars are a very mature kind of business. I think this is supposed to be one of those hip and trendy games for young women.

Oh, and I'm willing to bet that like half of the players will be withdrawn otaku who prefer 2D girls over real ones.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

Eh, dunno...it sounds daft for sure and might be hardly a real videogame - but our Western versions with endless Bratz/PetVetZoo/Barbie crap are selling rather well -
 and don`t look nowhere near as polished. I think that RPG in the title is sort of misleading (though you do play a role here)

Seems to me it`s target audience is the under-10-yrs-old here - that doesn`t really sound like you, Dice ;)

No, I got that, and said to that affect.  But, like I said, I hate the stereotyping it does on behalf of girls.  A lot of these girl games are like this; where our prime interest seems to be in boys and shopping.  I hate that when it comes to "games for girls/women" its on the line of adventures....in shopping.

Hey! Are you trying to say shopping isn't a bold venture into dangerous territory where the risk of life and limb is high? Please. I'd rather face the Gaping Dragon with a flaming loincloth and a broken beer bottle than go shoe shopping in Macy's on Black Friday. ^_~

*half sarcastic...Black Friday is pretty much IRL Left 4 Dead*
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 11:46:23 AM »

Day one! :D

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »

So this means that Dark Cloud 3 is never happening? I feel bad for the people that have been waiting so long for another one of those.

Edit:

Why can there be shoujo manga like this

Man, for a shojo that certainly sounds like one hell of a manga.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:08:06 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kurai

Rpg Loving Gal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »

Yeah.... LVL5, i'm pretty sure that all the girls that play rpgs, probably play it because of boys,shopping and love the thematic of this game.

seriously, a rpg for girls, should be a regular one, just with some more serious character development, but i do like the clothes ideia
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »

Man, for a shojo that certainly sounds like one hell of a manga.

It reads like a Suikoden-game. The heroes even have this huge ship that serves as a base.

(Coincidently, I can also name a mangaka who plays/played Suikoden games. Saki Hiwatari is such a huge Suikoden fangirl, she named one of the characters in her manga Tower of the Future after Viktor. Half of her author's notes are about how awesome Suikoden is. She was even invited to meet the development team and was one of the first people to learn they were working on Suikoden II. If we are to believe what she says, Clive being in Suikoden II may be partly thanks to her nagging.

Now that I think about it, lots of shoujo mangaka seem to be into RPGs. Kaori Yuki is a big MegaTen fan. Dragon Quest pops up all the time in all sorts of series. The author of Basara asked her readers for recommendations and explained she rewards herself with an hour of RPG time after ever ten pages she draws. These people all drew/draw series that were/are huge in Japan. )
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: