Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 12:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332727 Posts in 13632 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Grand Theft Auto V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 11985 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »

It allows you to make a peanut butter sammich and cut it either diagonal or horizontal. And you can choose from organic PB or jiffy but the organic has a mixing sim where you have to use the knife to blend in all the oil that separates.

shiiiiiiitt.  that's nuts.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »

I'm with most here who enjoyed GTA III; Vice City; and San Andreas (my favorite of the series thus far), but don't love IV so much. I'm actually playing through IV now (as I've never beaten it before), and while I am enjoying it for the most part, I feel.. trapped. Trapped by being in 1 unimaginatively designed city. Trapped by having to go on dates and friend dates to get some game play benefits. Some of the missions feel stale and repetitive as well... Don't get me wrong, I like the game. I just don't enjoy it nearly as much as the 2 main releases preceding it...

That being said, I'm looking forward to this new one. I initially didn't like the idea of having to keep up with 3 different protagonists in a game like this, but I suppose it'll add some new and interesting tweaks to game play. I'm happy that there will be several types of vehicles to pilot, and that the environments are going to be much more varied and expansive. I can get real lost in that alone. From some preliminary articles I've read, the missions are apparently going to be much more interesting and exciting, as well.

Time will tell, natch.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »

Absolutely day one for me.  I was already pumped, but the gameplay video made it look even better.  It really looks like they put a LOT of hard work into this one.  Looks like a lot of fun.

Oh and just so people are aware because I know this bothers some people:
  • PS3 - 8 gig mandatory install
  • Xbox - Comes on two discs, First disc for installation, 2nd for playing.  8 gig install.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 03:07:11 AM »

It's tempting to get it day one but I think I'll wait for the eventual complete version.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 10:12:36 AM »

It's tempting to get it day one but I think I'll wait for the eventual complete version.

Always the smart thing to do with any given game.. but of course, never the easiest.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »

While you may end up being correct, GTA4 was certainly complete by itself and DLC was completely adjunct.   Considering GTA 5 already has 3 main characters, it's tough to say if they'll add more via DLC or not.  My money is on extra online mode DLC, which I personally do not care about.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 05:39:39 AM »

Hideo Kojima impressed with Grand Theft Auto V -- Source: All Games Beta (via: Twitter)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »

This is the first time that I've been excited for a GTA game since Vice City. I loved GTA III/Vice City and thought San Andreas was "ok". GTA IV was garbage because everything seemed bland and boring. GTA V will be more diverse.  It sucks this will be out when I'll be playing FFXIV: ARR, Dragon's Crown, Project x Zone and tons of other games.

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 09:03:49 PM »

Hideo Kojima impressed with Grand Theft Auto V -- Source: All Games Beta (via: Twitter)

I like how Hideo Kojima is the authority on everything video games. lol.

But yeah, looks like one of the most amazing games ever.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:08:24 PM by Raziel » Logged
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »

I just hope GTAV has an amazing soundtrack like Vice City.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 02:02:53 AM »

Well, with the inclusion of Radio Ga Ga by Queen on one of the trailers, I think we are in really good hands.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 05:18:53 AM »

Well, with the inclusion of Radio Ga Ga by Queen on one of the trailers, I think we are in really good hands.

I agree :D

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2013, 02:11:18 PM »

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/grand-theft-auto-v-dlc-to-be-region-locked

The DLC for the game is going to be region locked.

Such a bizarre decision. They're getting as bad as Nintendo.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2013, 02:39:12 PM »

Wow.  Region lock serves nothing but a huge headache.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2013, 04:00:24 PM »

Erm...is this actually a region lock?  From the article:

However, if you live in Europe (where the GTAV disc code is BLES01807) you will likely have a European PSN account that will not be able to redeem a US pre-order code, and will only be able to download Region 2 (European) DLC, incompatible with non-European discs.

They're saying you can't redeem US pre-order codes with a EU PSN account.  Well, duh.  When could you ever do that?  They start with the assumption "you will likely have a European PSN account" and don't even address the question of what if you have PSN accounts from multiple regions...

I don't know, maybe there actually is some kind of region lock here but if so it's worded really, really badly.  And I think some people might just be taking a generic warning out of  context...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: