Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 12:52:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334698 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Grand Theft Auto V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 12274 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »

Amazon shipped the Collector's Edition and I should have it in a few days.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »

Installation took forever, but I'm having a blast.

By which I mean I accidentally drove onto the military base trying to escape the cops and they blasted me with a friggin' tank.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »

I'm admittedly torn on this game...
Not whether I want to buy it or not. That's not the question. It's whether I should buy it now, or wait for a price drop. I usually do the latter when buying games, but I'm so pumped to play this, I'm not sure I can. The reviews and videos make it seem like it's awesome (which I'm sure it is). I hate paying new game prices, as I feel it's straight robbery, but I may have to make an exception here... Decisions!!

Any of you buying it right away?

How is 60 bux robbery for a new game that could easily provide 100 hours of game time?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2013, 10:26:26 PM »

How is 60 bux robbery for a new game that could easily provide 100 hours of game time?
There admittedly is the angle you can probably get this in a sale at least within a year, I seem to recall I got GTAIV for $30 near the end of 2008 for example.

... But this isn't CoD, the main game should give 30 hours of gameplay at a minimum going by prior GTA games, nevermind when you DO factor online in. Of all the AAA non-RPGs this is going to be the best hours to dollars value you'll get when factoring out MP, and it'd probably still hold up with online factored in depending on how good GTA Online is.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »

If patient enough, waiting till the next Steam sale is always a good way to get AAA titles at stupidly low price.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:07 AM »

I ALWAYS wait for the sale for the newest Ass Creed title; that shit goes on sale within 1.5 months of its release (granted, it's only about $10 by that point, but then they have the $20 off the next sale that rolls around).

I will add myself that this game is worth every penny you buy it for regardless.
What I've seen/played so far has been really nice, and Rockstar definitely shows their work to be a labor of love, but it still feels like they had a blast creating the world, the setting, the people, the dialogue, the minigames, and so on.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2013, 10:47:21 AM »

Not whether I want to buy it or not. That's not the question. It's whether I should buy it now, or wait for a price drop. I usually do the latter when buying games, but I'm so pumped to play this, I'm not sure I can. The reviews and videos make it seem like it's awesome (which I'm sure it is). I hate paying new game prices, as I feel it's straight robbery, but I may have to make an exception here... Decisions!!

Good question... I will admit it really isn't, when it comes to a game of this scope.
My head's always in daddy mode. Feel bad spending that kind of scratch on myself for a video game, but dammit, I think I'm gonna have to break that mold here. I really want to play this.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »

Plan on picking this up on XBL Marketplace if it ever shows up. I'd get it on my PS3, but I'm all out of room.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »

Plan on picking this up on XBL Marketplace if it ever shows up. I'd get it on my PS3, but I'm all out of room.

Don't bother with digital, the game's designed to stream simultaneously from an install file and the disc, and when you have both on the drive everything slows down. I assume they'll avoid this on PC (on average there is WAY more RAM to work with afterall) and you can actually get even further apparently on Xbox by installing the game to the HDD then installing the play disc to a thumb drive, but that wouldn't be happening with a digital download I'd think.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2013, 07:16:53 PM »

Been playing for the past few days.

Love the driving, mission variety, and humor that was oh so lacking in IV.

Hate that the shooting STILL sucks balls.  Seriously, Red Dead had better shooting than this three and a half years ago.  Why didn't they just use that system?  I died on Franklin's first real shooting section because of the awful autoaim, the terrible way you stick to cover, and the fact that enemies can put you down in one or two hits if they score headshots.  Why the fuck are we still putting up with this?  Jim Sterling was the only one to mention the awful shooting controls in his review.  I feel like Assassin's Creed 3 all over again here with the reviews.

...okay, maybe not THAT bad, but still....
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »

Nice to know the driving is good, that's what made me quit 4.
The driving was ass and you had to drive everywhere...
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »

I think $60 for a game is a lot of money no matter how much the game offers me. I know I wouldn't pay for this full price.

"Oh, a hunter..."
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »

Nice to know the driving is good, that's what made me quit 4.
The driving was ass and you had to drive everywhere...

I must be one of the few that really liked GTA IV's car handling, since I hear this complaint a lot. In most open world games the cars feel like toys, whereas GTA IV's actually had some weight to them, and each had a different feel rather than just slow and fast.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:09:08 PM by DPB » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2013, 08:09:58 PM »

I think $60 for a game is a lot of money no matter how much the game offers me. I know I wouldn't pay for this full price.

Games have never been a budget hobby. Those of us that were buying SNES and N64 games with hard-saved $$$ and PS2 games with our first jobs know that games have always been expensive.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »

Honestly, I think gaming is super-cheap as far as hobbies go.  If you look at the hours of entertainment per dollar investment.  But people yell at me whenever I say that...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: