Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 03:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337848 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Free Demo for 'Stone Age:Square Battle'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Free Demo for 'Stone Age:Square Battle'  (Read 611 times)
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »

Hey everybody. Wanted to give a shout out and let you all know that a short Demo is available on the main page of the Website for free... www.graveltrain.com It should give a good feel for the basic mechanics. Someone mentioned that there should be a quick reference for Lion's HP level. Actually there is.. during your turn 'Right-Click' on Lion's face icon & a small lifebar will appear showing current life level. Hope you enjoy it!

p.s. check the pumpkins(baskets)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:34:53 PM by SnaggleToe » Logged
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »

Hey all,
I uploaded a bunch of new screenshots to the website. Some are from before or after the section that is available in the Demo. 1 screen shows all items & tools, a few show the underground area that Denmark talks about in the Demo. Also added a large pic of more playable characters. You can see it here...  http://graveltrain.com/charactersteam%202.htm Lastly, added a quick FAQ page.

(hope this isn't considered double posting)
Ryougakusha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »

I actually checked the site earlier while you were in the middle of updating, I think.

It's nice that the new screenshots tip people off that they're swinging a feather in battle instead of a sword; and I like the new group shot a lot, yet the lack of NPC shopkeeper art makes me a little sad.

In-game, I enjoyed the little exclamation points that appear by NPCs when you're facing them if they have something new to say.  Usually, when I run into games where townsfolk have two or more speeches to deliver to me, I wind up wasting time talking to them even more than that because the lines tend to be randomly chosen.  I did notice some typos here and there, but nothing that can't be tidied up easily.

I was sorry to see we don't get any special attacks to mess with in the demo, but it does start from level 1, so it wasn't completely unexpected.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: