Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:40:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319241 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shining Force Releases
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shining Force Releases  (Read 2277 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »

Is Shining Tears any good?

Are you asking me? Because I've haven't played that.

I was asking generally.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 04:29:06 AM »

Anime & RPGl and  Do you have Shining the holy Ark or Shining  Wisdom for your Saturn? Both great titles if you can find them. Also, as mentioned by Zyco, the megadrive/genesis greatest hits has a couple of shining games. Sadly as stated, It was all downhill after the saturn.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »

Anime & RPGl and  Do you have Shining the holy Ark or Shining  Wisdom for your Saturn? Both great titles if you can find them. Also, as mentioned by Zyco, the megadrive/genesis greatest hits has a couple of shining games. Sadly as stated, It was all downhill after the saturn.

Unfortunately, I don't have either one of those titles. I'll look around and see if anyone is parting with them. Thanks.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »

shining tears is a diablo clone. imo its only good if you have someone to play with.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »

I think I've said it here before, but I wouldn't bother tracking down Shining Wisdom unless you have a turbo controller. It's a decent Zelda clone, but the control system is terrible. To do just about anything you have repeatedly tap a button - this includes making special attacks and even to move at more than a snail's pace. With one it moves at a nice and quickly though.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »

I love the first 2 Shining Force games. Tot his day they are the only Strat-RPG's I've ever played that I like. I had Shining In The Darkness (actually still do since it's on the Sega Comp.), but I'm not too into first person RPG's so I never finished it. My fave was Shining Wisdom. Wish they would rerelease that. It was a Zelda-esque game.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »

I actually didn't mind Shining Force Neo as a game. As a Shining Force game it obviously was a dumb idea and failed the basic naming convention of the whole Shining series. I personally think the game would have gotten a lot less flak if it was just Shining <anything> instead of Force. It is pretty brainless and at most points is either fall asleep easy or ball crushingly hard (read: cheap) but it was one of the last PS2 games I really played a lot of. I could never find EXA for less then a billion dollars.

That said, SF2 is still my favorite SRPG and I can't see anything dethroning it. Maybe if Sega ever releases all of SF3.

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »

I second that statement.... Ironically I was just kicking around the idea of picking these up myself.... Played through them both as a child and remember I adored them.......

I love replaying games I haven't played in, like, 15 odd years or something like that..... However long its been, it evokes such interesting emotion.

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: