Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319168 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil Revelations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil Revelations  (Read 1004 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

Capcom released a huge new trailer which reveals raid mode, introduces new characters and enemies and explains how the game uses the 3DS' features:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/latest-resident-evil-revelations-3ds-trailer

New characters are retarded, let's hope they die quick.
Fortunately Jill's hottness makes up for it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »

So is this supposed to be RE6 or just a spin-off that happens to have Jill in it?

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »

It'll also be $50 in the US.

I might actually be one of the only people who doesn't mind TOO much. I've stated countless times that I hated being charged $40 for Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, but that's only because despite charging a premium price they didn't give it a premium price and instead axed the voice acting to avoid paying for a dub and/or larger cartridge. As long as the production values and overall quality/size are high enough then great. We're kind of overdue for it anyway, given handheld games have reliably been $30 for 20+ years despite being much more costly/ambitious compared to then.

(Man, how did I bungle posting this?)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 07:52:06 PM »

I would like to play this game but I really have no intention of buying a new system anytime soon. If I were to buy a handheld it would probably be a vita but I'm growing tired of sony, they have so many amazing studios that it's hard to avoid their systems though.

I was more hyped for this game when we only knew about Jill and Chris. They're introducing so many new characters and they're all stupid, really killed my anticipation for this game.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »

All three of the platform holders are frustrating in their own unique ways. I'd just roll with it unless one of them crosses a line for you.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »

If you pre-order it on Amazon right now you'll get it for $40. Yeah, when I saw it was $50 I was like "WHAT?!" I've never paid that much for a handheld game. Capcom is getting greedy.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »

I can't deny I did the same, but there can be a psychological effect here in that $40 is unpalatable as the MSRP, but when it's $50 on sale at $40 then it suddenly becomes easier to swallow.

But like said, I don't mind too much. Not only is there the "we've been paying $30 for twenty years!" angle I brought up, but most of the rest of the world HAS been paying $50+ for handheld titles for a long, long time. And unlike optical media, carts are not cheap to produce (it's even cited as THE reason it's $50, the fact it's on an expensive 4 GB cart), so it really doesn't seem that unreasonable to me as long as either the production values justify it or it's so niche a product it's the only way to make a reasonable profit from it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:59:54 PM by Eusis » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »

It has "fear inducing 3D"!
That's well worth $50 lol.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »

It has "fear inducing 3D"!
That's well worth $50 lol.

I honed in on the 20 hour part actually. If it seriously lives up to that and is at least half as good as RE4 it'll definitely be worth it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: