Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 05:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327455 Posts in 13408 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 27144 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »

Yeah, yeah.

I finished the first planet and I'm now loving it.  I thought the game was going to be a bag full of half-assed Bioware sidequests (as opposed to normal, good Bioware sidequests), but once the whole map was uncovered, I saw it all as one area, and knew how everything tied together, and it didn't feel like random nothing anymore.  I could vividly remember the one main plot as I looked back on each section.  I actually backtracked to finish all of my previous quests, when I had been skipping them out of apathy.

I thought this formula was not going to work as I played the first 5 levels, but it panned out beautifully.  My anima probably needs more than 3 days to fully charge anyway ;)

A group of three (me being a lvl 9 Consular) trying the Esseles FP was so much fun, but we could not beat Ironfist after 5 tries.  He always had like 5% hp when we died.  Beating him has consumed my thoughts today.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2011, 04:33:28 PM »

play an inquisitor noob
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »

play an inquisitor noob

I usually never make more than one character in any online game, but this is a different case.  People always say "if you get bored at lvl999 just make another character, it's like playing a whole new game hurr" and it rarely is.  Playing a character of the other faction would be a new plot and new areas this time.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2011, 07:51:03 PM »

empire rules republic drools

(except trooper which is awesome)
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2011, 01:07:57 AM »

The empire side is so much better I think. I have toons on both sides but I like the empire side after hitting level 25 on both toons. I guess I just like seeing the empire not being as strong as they want the republic to see.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »

My computers are not awesome for this game. I need a new video card I think.

With shadows off and everything on low it runs alright, though. I am enjoying the game. I couldn't get on the same server as it was listed as "Full".

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »

Wow, even the forums have queues now...

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2011, 07:24:01 PM »

Originally didn't care about this game because I've never watched a Star Wars in my life, but after watching some livestreams, it has perked my interest.  PvP seems similar to what GW2 is aiming for as everyone is in one bracket and your stats scale (I think).  How is everyone's level progression going?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2011, 05:13:00 AM »

I've never watched a Star Wars in my life,

Don't start unless you watch A New Hope or Empire's theatrical release. It's a little cliche at this point but those movies were mangled and dumped on. Return of the Jedi doesn't make any sense from any angle
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2011, 08:23:45 AM »

Or if you can enjoy a story on it's own terms IV-VI are just fine to watch be they theatrical or 'whatever' editions. XD
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »

Level 32 Mercenary (heal spec) and level 24 gunslinger (pew pew spec).
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »

Level 38 Sith Juggernaut, immortal spec.  I'll post a screenshot of my character later.  I capped my light side points a level ago.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »

Alright, downloading the main assets for the game right now before I purchase the game. Gonna take a long while.

Hopefully I'll actually be able to purchase the game where I am right now, because I was barred from preordering, at least.

Also, I think I've settled on playing Sith Assassin. Seems to appeal to me the most lore-wise, and hey, Stealth classes are always fun.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2011, 03:58:18 PM »

I picked it up today and it's all ready to go. Hopefully I'll get on tonight at some point. I'm not very well versed with MMO's at all so this should be a learning experience:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »

double.  So i got it going and my comp can barely run it on the lowest possible settings. It's a 4 year old system so it's not all that surprising. I'm in the process of trying to update my drivers but it's bound to be a very minor improvement.  Oh the horror:(  I suppose a new tower is in order. I'm guessing a 500 dollar new tower should give me at least decent performance. I'm not looking for the highest possible setting. The frame rate is the biggest problem.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: