Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 04:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319062 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 24727 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »

The match color feature for armor seems to still be gone in the release candidate under testing.  What the fuck, Bioware.  Why would you remove that feature from the game?
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2011, 05:22:23 PM »

Final beta weekend this weekend http://torwars.com/2011/12/01/final-weekend-beta-test-this-weekend-invites-sent/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torwars+%28TORWars%29

I didnt get an invite yet.. I was probably too honest for their tastes
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »

Anti-aliasing is not in the release build.  What the shit.  I mean, I've been forcing it through the ATI control panel anyways, but seriously?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »

LMAO

The texture settings are bugged in the client.  Check it:

"Medium" Settings
"High" Settings

No wonder the shadows looked like shit.
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »

Heh.. yea I didnt expect much in terms of client graphical optimization with these betas. Are those new shots? or from someones test?

I am trying to find the client again, I uninstalled it thinking we needed to once again.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »

Those are shots from the current build.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2011, 11:31:34 PM »

I  got the email for the invite, but it doesn't look like a weekend test, there's no RSVP on my tester page and the email only gives a start date and time. Anyone else get the email?  Open beta maybe?
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=526109

Sent Dec. 1: Final Beta Testing Weekend Invites

This is our final test before launch! We have invited a smaller number of testers than in our previous Beta Testing Weekend to assist us in testing a new build of the game. If you participated in the last Beta Testing Weekend, check your e-mail to see if you've been invited. All you need to do is open the launcher and begin patching – you'll be able to play at the time stated in the e-mail you received.

Who was invited: Selected testers that participated in the previous Beta Testing Weekend
What was sent: Final Beta Testing Weekend invitations
Server locations: US East Coast, US West Cost, and EU servers
Invite status: All invitations have been sent! Check your e-mail to see if you have been invited and for instructions!

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2011, 01:27:31 AM »

That answers that. Anyone else get reinvited?
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »

yup, got mine on Monday.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2011, 02:59:14 AM »

Looks like guild deployment is currently frozen. Anyone still interested in either RPGFan guilds will have to wait until pre launch for invites. We will keep you posted as to which server they place us.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »

So, having messed with the latest build, the animations between monsters and the player seem to be a little less janky.  Also, seeing higher resolution textures and no more texture pop-in was definitely welcome.  There are still a few minor glitches, but it looks like we're set for a solid launch.  Definitely looking forward to it.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2011, 01:25:01 AM »

Yeah I noticed that too. The dynamic lighting on the characters really brought out the detail in them. There were some faces (mostly alien) that seemed to have higher resolution textures as well. Sucks that we still have to force AA though, Did you notice alot of the options were dumbed down from last build?

I did encounter a really annoying bug in Kaas City, every time I homepointed back to the Cantina I would be stuck in place right after leaving the room for several seconds. Didn't have that with any other location. I would then be very choppy for about 20 seconds. I'm assuming its probably just characters cramming into VRAM since people seem to love just idling there.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »

One change I really liked was the addition of an option to show alignment results for conversation options indicated by an icon next to the choice.  Much better than the mouse-over option and useful for meta-gamers.

The two things I'd like to see next is a clickthrough for companions since I have to rotate the camera every time I want to loot, and the ability to share keybinds across characters.  I remap my keys so that QWERTY does the bottom quickslot row, among other things and doing it for every character is a bit inconvenient.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2011, 05:39:35 PM »

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=717041

Lengthy post detailing Bioware's strategy with regard to itemization... short version: there is customizable armor as low as level 8 that you can mod all the way to end game, allowing you to have the appearance that you want.  Pimpin'.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: