Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:30:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330189 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 28368 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

Anyone on the weekend beta, we are one "The Leviathan" server.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »

Server queues hoy!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 12:28:20 AM »

Aside from the god awful "animated series" look of the game, I'm quite engrossed with the storytelling. Combat is fun too. Client is stable as hell. Took me 4 hours to get in.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »

Been playing Jedi Knight, and it's a fun game.  I find myself not as motivated to play as I'd like to be, but that's because I know that any progress made this weekend is futile.  December 15th needs to hurry the hell up.  I want to get my Sith Warrior on and I'm avoiding playing it this weekend on purpose.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »

I thought I had signed up for the Sith Guild to get it setup..but I do not appear to..well..appear on the list?  I have the CE pre ordered.  Ill try joining again, see what happens.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 01:39:18 AM »

Is it just me or does it feel like the Sith side feel a little less polished than the Republic side?

That aside, really digging the game. Not a fan of the character design but at least it's consistent. I'm a bit shocked they didn't mo-cap cause alot of the animations look terrible. Swordplay is pretty solid but seems to be missing alot of that Star Wars flair of movement. The saber animations are iconic but the character movement (with he exception of Force Leap) needs work bad. Dunno what engine they're running with but was having problems with delayed texture loading ala Mass Effect 1 for dialogue scenes.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »

They're using HeroEngine.  Don't know what's up with the texture pop-in, but I had a more amusing bug in the form of Satele Shan being about 10 inches tall during a cutscene and have it recorded for future lulz.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »

Omg! I had that bug too. I was like "great I'm talking to a chair back."
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 06:15:24 PM »

So, I caved and played Sith Warrior.  It's interesting to see how different some of the animations are between the Sith Warrior and a Jedi Knight.  For starters, the Sith's force charge looks much cooler than the Jedi's force leap.  Probably has a lot to do with the forward flip that the Sith does.  The attacks also look much more brutal while the Jedi's are very graceful.  At times, the Sith almost treats his lightsaber like a baseball bat while the Jedi likes to twirl it around instead.

Having achieved my lightsaber in both stories, I definitely prefer the Sith's side.  Korriban is also much cooler than Tython, but what can you do.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »

........and now I just got to Dromund Kaas.  Coruscant is remarkably boring in comparison.  DK is just oozing with creepy atmosphere, I love it.
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 06:24:35 AM »

Played all weekend to give it a real fair chance.. overall I just feel meh on it. My highest level character is a 15 Bounty Hunter, I found the Empires starter area the best and the BH with the Hutt and Cantina storyline (directly from Return of the Jedi pretty much)... after the prologue the quests seem to get less focused and more of the same ol MMO thing. The Mass Effect_esque storymode is still abundant but the same really feels lacking in almost all RPG type elements to me (just pick a look, class and go! no real customizations untl talent trees at 10+)

Anyway I will check out the next weekend beta and see if things change, but I am not sure this will be a day 1 must have for me.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »

I played a few weeks ago in a previous beta, created a Smuggler, Jedi Knight, and Bounty Hunter. Loved playing all three classes so I'm a bit torn on which guild to join to start with...
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »

20 GB patch will be deployed tomorrow at 10 AM CST.  Yeah, that's not a typo.  We're downloading the majority of the client again... perhaps this is the release candidate.  I can only assume the next test will take place over the Thanksgiving weekend, based on the fact that every other beta test weekend has happened on a holiday weekend.  Just a heads up to snag it in advance.  Also, numerous MMO news websites are handing out keys.  If you haven't received a beta invite yet, I recommend snagging one.

Existing characters in the beta are not being wiped for the upcoming test.  With that in mind, I think I'm going to dabble in crafting and get to know the mechanics of it a little better than I currently do.  I think I'm going to go with artifice for my crafting skill, supplementing it with archeology as my gathering skill.  I have no idea what mission skill I should take though.
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »

I spent most of my time in quests and crafting on my Jedi Knight during last weekend's beta. I got my skills near the 200 mark.

I really enjoy the ability to craft and quest at the same time. Once I got three companions, it was like I was never missing any aspect of the game. What's funny is that the crafting items tended to be more powerful than the quest rewards as I was a synthweaver, my armour tended to always be the bis for that given level. The other cool thing is being able to reverse engineer the gear I was making to level to get back some of the mats used as well as getting a chance to unlock a superior recipe of that item.

Also, if you have the corresponding crew member who excels at a certain crew skill, there is a chance they can crit and create a version with more stats or with an extra socket for mods.

All in all, I really enjoyed the crafting in the game.

I got my key for the next text from curse.com if anyone needs to be pointed in the right direction.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »

Anyone need a beta test key?  I have a spare.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: