Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:53:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 29605 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »

My uncle is trying to get on the beta with us if you still have that spare key. Just PM it to me if it hasn't already been snagged.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 11:11:37 PM »

Sent.  Hope he has a blast!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 10:02:16 AM »

He's registering it now - we have a Consular at long last! Huzzah! Now to drift off into a codeine induced coma - sucks I have to be sick the weekend BEFORE the next beta test. I'll try to guilt trip Mike (Suspiria) into playing. He's on a Sith bent anyway and he wants to chain lightening the fuck out of people. Will let you know.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 04:26:20 PM »

NDA has lifted, so I'll have a few screenshots to share once I finish sorting through them.  In the meantime:

Sith Warrior combat on Dromund Kaas
Miniature Satele Shan Bug (for the lulz)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »

you're right, quite a few lulz on that model
can you believe that short black hair
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30:07 PM »

die
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »

http://synbios.net/site/2011/11/18/star-wars-the-old-republic-beta/

I posted fifteen screenshots at 2560x1440 resolution on my useless website for anyone interested.  Not embedding them on the forum since they're absurdly large.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »

Even though it's pretty much standard it's weird seeing monsters not react to being hit with a lightsaber. It's like the zany sith class clown replaced your saber with a fake.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 04:29:38 AM »

I like the environments I'm seeing so far. Not so sure about the character faces- I think they're pretty damn ugly, honestly (Though I can't recall that many games where Bioware haven't made faces ugly as hell). They honestly look a bit like the Dragon Age anorexic faces without the shadows to accentuate that fact. Thankfully being an alien will probably alleviate that to some degree.

Been to any large, open areas yet? Interested in knowing the drawing distance in places like that.

So do the storyline and leveling go hand-in-hand here? Have there been any reports of needing to halt the storyline and going off to grind or get better weapons and armor?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »

The draw distance is very, very far for the basic environment.  However, there is a certain distance where trees start to pop in, which I would have preferred to be a little farther.  That goes for various objects and players as well.  Don't know what the new build is like though, and the one I played didn't have anti-aliasing.

Storyline and leveling up so far has been hand-in-hand.  If you do all the quests in each area, you definitely won't need to grind.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »

Hey kids, log into your accounts and go to the tester page and accept your RSVP so you can get the new client. There hasn't been any emails sent out, so hop on it and patch ASAP.

http://www.swtor.com/tester

Make sure you uninstall the previous client and the previous setup launcher before nabbing the new one.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 06:09:49 AM »

I actually got an email regarding this, this morning. Doing install now; actually rather hyped about this game after watching AngryJoe's gameplay/first impressions. Depending on how it rubs me after a first hand test run I might actually pick this up as the first MMO I've played "seriously" since WoW.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »

Got an e-mail this morning saying I got into the beta for this weekend so I'm pretty jazzed about that. Hopefully I'll actually have time to play.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »

Beta testing has begun once again.  I keep getting a perpetual loading screen though.  Fun times!
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 11:31:26 AM »

My start date isn't until tomorrow, so you are one up on me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: