Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 04:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329348 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 27907 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2011, 02:45:22 AM »

Looks like the retail client is out. You can either patch up your client if you were in the beta AFTER November 25th, otherwise, nuke it and run the installer from the tester page again.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=714124
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »

Bioware has assigned guilds to various servers.  Both guilds have been assigned to the PvE East server Mind Trick.  Early access begins tomorrow, phased in based on when you redeemed your preorder.  The official launch is next Tuesday.  Hope to see some of you online soon!

If you haven't already pre-loaded your game, you can download the client from the official website and patch it in advance.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »

Pre loading the client now since I got confirmation that my early start begins today.  Ill probably start as an Imperial Agent with our Imperial Guild, but I may switch over to Republic since being the bad guys tends to not sit well with me, but we will see.  I did have to cancel my CE pre order..cause I just cant afford it this month (sad panda) but ill be picking up a regular edition.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »

I got in today with the last wave. The traffic is pretty light, hopefully able to get out of the starting planet by tonight and play on my Sith.

Anyway, ingame characters are as follows.

Republic:
Tenchi
Arliman

Sith:
Belatrix
Largo
Romulus
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »

Ill probably start as an Imperial Agent with our Imperial Guild, but I may switch over to Republic since being the bad guys tends to not sit well with me, but we will see.

See, that's the beauty of this game though.  If you play the game, you'll start to see that the Republic is not the infallible beacon of light that the movies would make it out to be.  There are shades of grey through both the Empire and the Republic, which is only appropriate because human beings are complex creatures... and it gives the game a lot of depth.  You can play as a Dark Jedi if you choose to in this game, or in my character's case, a light-oriented Sith.  I know it sounds bizarre, but as an example for the latter, a light-oriented Sith is kind of like being a victim of circumstance.  You were born in the Empire and have allegiance to it, but rather than being a wicked cartoon villain, you aim to further the Empire's goals and not mindlessly murder and/or torture everything you see.  I also noticed that playing against your standard alignment however, makes the game a little harder.  Your alignment can affect what equipment you can use, and all the light sabers worth a damn that drop have been dark side.  The game has a modification system though, so I can get around that.

At any rate, my character is Vertus.  I ended up going Cybertech with my craft.  I'm loving the shit out of this game.
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »

Interesting way to put it Parn, and I was wondering about that.  I messed with Imperial Agent a bit but I think Bounty Hunter may fit me better..I seem to enjoy being a tank more than straight up dps or heals.  Also messing with Trooper, which im liking alot.  Only thing so far that kinda bugs me about the game is the difference between body 2 and body 3...its like..reasonable body size with a slightly large head to..OMG ITS THE HULK!  Body type 4 is just ridiculous.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2011, 12:11:34 AM »

Body type 4 is hilarious.  Also made it to Nar Shadaa this evening.  Once you hit the third planet, it becomes very easy to out level the content, and there are basically enough quests to make you out level the next planet if you were to attempt to do them all.  I haven't even touched PvP or the space quests yet.
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2011, 10:50:41 PM »

Well I was gonna play tonight..but right now its over an hour wait...holy crap...and its not like making new servers will help much..if most of those people are on the server cause their guilds were assigned there...oops?  Still love the game otherwise.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2011, 08:17:41 AM »

Well, remember its still people running on pre-orders - and who knows how many of those people will actually buy the retail. Also they let in a ton of people yesterday, nowhere near as tapered as the first 2 days, so it may be they have population caps in place till people spread out more. I don't know how crowded it was yesterday but every morning i've been on I've had zero queues and there's been less than 100 people on Coruscant.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »

Wow, looks like one of the diehards from my old FFXIV HNMLS just hit 50 last night in TOR - and they're bragging about it on the forums. Unlike every other MMO, the population is like "wow, you're a retard, its not even launch day and you've totally skipped the whole point of the game." God I love this community. 6 hours of sleep since early access started, cap in 3 days and nothing savored - GG.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:23:42 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2011, 08:37:26 AM »

They did the exact same thing in rift. It was pretty brutal how hard the first to cap people got flamed.

edit: Some threads to lol at.
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/94584-sunrest-just-had-its-server-first-50-a.html
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/95139-level-50-a-4.html
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/95154-proof-50s.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:44:49 AM by Chronix112 » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »

ok, these server queues are giving me not so pleasant flashbacks of Aion's launch. I really hope they sort this out. 1hr+ queues are for the birds.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2011, 11:26:31 AM »

I am away for the holidays until the 26th.  Anyone who wants to join the Empire guild should ask in-game to Spacestripe.  Just tell him you're from RPGFan and you'll be golden.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »

I'm level 5, and am not sure what the fuss is about.  I'm gonna keep going because I think I may have picked a boring story class (Republic Consular), but I was expecting tight, instanced corridors with only a handful of players on your "channel."  Instead, it's like recess, with dozens of people crowded around quest NPC's, having these deep one-on-one conversations that I just can't take seriously.

It's just weird so far.  I told myself that I'll play this game for a few days every time my anima/leves run out in FF14, but I'm liking everything in FF14 better so far.  Unfair to say this early, but I said it anyway.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2011, 08:43:17 PM »

ahaha

you played to level five and think ffxiv is better

a game so content barren that free realms dwarfs it

a subscription game so embarassingly bad that square enix kept it free for over a year and still bled subscribers

lmfao

have fun killing marmots
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: