Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 01:20:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327449 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 27140 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »

Damned work:( Haven't been on in two days but i'm getting there tonight for sure. I may start a new character or continue with my jedi. Can't friggin wait!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »

It's a subscription-based game, $15/month.

Ah. Thanks, though with that being the case, I'll have to pass on it.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2012, 12:45:57 AM »

huh. i got my crew skill options earlier. wasn't expecting those workings.  i like it though. something to achieve during otherwise 'down time'.  I went with a sentinel build purely for dual sabers.  I'll admit that this is mostly new to me considering my only previous mmo was Wow(briefly).  I'm absolutely loving it though.  I'll have to get a decent headset and ventrillo or whatever soon. most groups i've been with so far have been sketchy at best. Actually, just looking for input...what 3 skills are preferable for a sentinel?  I went with scavageing, archeology and slicing..

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »

I'd just choose the core production skill that you want and get the support skills that will best provide you with materials.  I went Armstech with support skills of Investigation and Scavenging.

I just hit 24 last night and got to Tattooine.  I'm way behind on training skills because I need to get a speeder in a level.  Then I'll spend all my extra credits learning new things.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2012, 02:37:57 PM »

When I heard about the speeder cost, I stopped training my crew skills too.  I'm lvl 28 now, and I never actually resumed training them.  It's kind of sad, because until that point, I was really excited to get additional companions just for tradeskills.

I'm actually afraid to go nuts and resume skilling up, because I may need the money for something.  I'm sitting on 60k, I have an inventory upgrade available for 20k, and 3 companions who could amass tons of stuff.

The reason I've been getting by with only 1 inventory upgrade is probably that I've stopped tradeskilling altogether.  Kind of a lose-lose, unless I actually start using the GTN.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »

I have money issues and haven't been able to afford the speeder upgrade to ranks 2 and 3, but that's mostly because I originally started crafting cybertech, got to the mid 300s, then ended up switching to biochem which is at 400 now.  I need to stop crafting for awhile and get myself those speeder upgrades in all seriousness.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »

Welp, looks like I'll be joining with you mofos sooner than I thought.  Ordering a new PC sometime within a week - basically whenever I figure out what I want and where I want to get it.  What timezones are your servers located?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »

Mind Trick is an east coast PvE server, but the timezone honestly doesn't matter much.

On another note, I hit level cap last night and still have way too much stuff to do.  It'll build my legacy XP at least.  Still looking to complete several armor sets even though my character is already decked out nicely.

On yet an additional note, the one thing I dislike about our server is that it's horribly imbalanced in favor of Empire.  It seems to be the case for all the early access servers.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »

I may be picking it up sooner or later..I really do want to wait for a new computer so I can play it better than low..but it was so much fun to play...If I do get back on, ill be focusing on BH or Trooper, depending on which side I choose to play.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »

Its tempting, very tempting. I'm almost certain I'll have problems running it smoothly plus I don't really have no time to play it regularly, so I'm still holding out. Might crack when I upgrade my PC, which will hopefully be some time this year.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2012, 07:28:25 AM »

Wow, I'm really liking the Agent class for the Empire. A friend of mine picked up the game recently so I joined him on the Hanharr server.  I'm just not sure whether to spec Sniper or Operative. Time will tell I suppose.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2012, 10:49:11 PM »

Patched now, but still amazing.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2012, 06:37:13 AM »

That link made me day:)

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »

Wow, I'm really liking the Agent class for the Empire. A friend of mine picked up the game recently so I joined him on the Hanharr server.  I'm just not sure whether to spec Sniper or Operative. Time will tell I suppose.

I just hit 26 with my operative.  It's pretty much like playing a rogue from WoW with some hunter and priest-esque abilities the way I specced.  I dig it, though.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »

I made one of these for my character:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/3265/rakata_medpac/

It is amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: