Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335310 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 30170 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »

Created a Bounty Hunter on Mind Trick. Named Lliira. Got it to 11 today so far.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »

I am not amused.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »

I'm having a hard time focusing on one character, I want to try them all.  I got a 17 jedi sentinel, a 15 agent/sniper and an 11 sith sorcerer right now.  I had to rework a few of the crew skills on them recently though after reading up on them on the official forums.  At least it's not too hard to get a decent amount of creds in a fairly short time. Also, I should be very close to getting a ship with my jedi, that should be interesting.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2012, 09:27:27 AM »

Got up to 32 or so.  Building up some double EXP so I can grind out a little bit (since as an Operative, I have been spending a lot of time not fighting.)

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »

Why does every outlet have a report about SWTOR right now that seems to illustrate BioWare isnt done with Content for SWTOR? All I read about the game right now is that they "have a lot more content coming....promise!"

This is strange to me. Of course they aren't done. Any person with any knowledge of MMOs should realize this. MMOs are NEVER a complete game when they come out. It has a basic framework to get the community going, then you build on it, tweak it, balance it, etc. SWTOR is going through the same growing pains WoW had (and avoiding a lot of the ones other MMOs have experienced).

I know a lot of this is probably driven by EA pushing Bioware to keep "selling" their product and keeping it relevant since they (EA) seem to freak out over every game not being a colossal blockbuster....but still....it's almost irresponsible to your stakeholders to tote this product as an instant WoW-killer. WoW has SEVEN years of lead-time; people need to stop freaking the fuck out. It's kind of irritating.

For reference:
http://rpgfan.com/news/2012/1063.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-stock-tanks-on-star-wars-the-old-republic-fears-6348864
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216885p1.html
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/01/bioware-details-upcoming-star-wars-the-old-republic-changes/
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/19/electronic-arts-stock-in-danger-thanks-to-swtor-fumbles/

Edit:
Disclaimer: I havent played the official release, but did play through beta for several months. Once I'm back from vacation and work stuff evens out, I likely will jump on board. I've got a hankering for an MMO.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:57:06 PM by Dade » Logged

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2012, 07:33:46 PM »

Bought it yesterday.  Really fun.  Have a Sith Warrior up to 10 because the other Sith classes didn't really interest me.  People bag on the character creation but I thought it was pretty good.  Game runs smooth on high settings and things are fun, but I don't quite get how auto attack works.  It seems to swing once or twice then let up.  Not a big deal because I'm mashing the rage generating swing when low on rage anyway, but still curious.

Overall really enjoying it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »

Bought it yesterday.  Really fun.  Have a Sith Warrior up to 10 because the other Sith classes didn't really interest me.  People bag on the character creation but I thought it was pretty good.  Game runs smooth on high settings and things are fun, but I don't quite get how auto attack works.  It seems to swing once or twice then let up.  Not a big deal because I'm mashing the rage generating swing when low on rage anyway, but still curious.

Overall really enjoying it.

If I recall correctly, there isnt an auto-attack. It's all you.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »

Ah I see. I don't right click much anyway I suppose since I need to build rage.. I'll have to test it out.  I also need to check the options see if there's an option to immediately target the next enemy upon enemy death so I can button mash my way to victory.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2012, 08:40:50 PM »

I just hit 34 on my Operative, and it's pretty rare that I use my standard attack... pretty much if I'm totally out of energy and can't do anything else.  It's not like WoW where it's going on while you do other crap.  I thought it was odd at first, but it's interesting once you get higher.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2012, 05:23:07 AM »

I think I'm enjoying the micromanagement of crew affection/skills more than the actual game anymore. Up to 41 Sentinel, 23 Guardian, 26 Trooper. 400 Artifice, Synthweaving, Treasure Hunting, Archaeology, 300+ Cybertech, Slicing, Underworld Trading etc.

I want an iPhone app for crew missions! Anyway, begin rant...

Anyway, still enjoying the game, but the whole support the war effort thing is wearing thin. If I have to assault another damned factory or prevent another hostile native alien species from taking over, it'll be too soon. Even the FlashPoints are getting derivative. The Esseles was a good starter but each subsequent FP has less and less NPC interaction and choice. Taral V was a stroll through Dromund Kaas, and Cadememu was Nar Shadda part 2. Im so sick of seeing the insides of ships and manufacturing facilities I could cry. Balmorra was the worst slog i've endured in a long time. A Jedi should not feel like a fucking errand boy. Maybe it's just burnout but at this point SWTOR feels like a really great single player game shoehorned into an unlikely MMO boot.

Don't get me wrong, I still adore the story and characterizations. The crew meta games are awesome, but between the incredibly repetitive environments, bugged gameplay, outrageous money sinks (213k for a 10% movement increase) and busted PVP are dragging me down. If it wasn't for Alderaan and Hoth, I'd probably have quit. There also needs to be more incentive for players to group together. I hope when I reach 50, the sense of fulfillment  improves, because right now it's slipping
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »

What more incentive could you possibly add to grouping?  You get social points based on how many party members are in the group for social gear (which I admit is currently limited, but they'll be adding stuff later), you can mow through quests with absurd amounts of ease since they're designed with single player in mind, heroic quests generally give orange or blue gear, your drop rates increase based on number of party members, and you get extra XP for grouping when completing bonus missions, a bonus of up to 175% more if you have four members.  All of that and, you can experience most of other player's story content without playing those classes... hell, those boss fights in those story bits are hilariously easy when you have friends in tow.  I'm in a perma-party for my Republic trooper and we're all level 19 on Coruscant... a planet that is designed for level 10-16.  We have done no PvP, no space missions, or anything beyond just basic quest content and the Esseles flashpoint.  We all had over 60 Coruscant commendations to spend, and we sure as hell weren't farming for them.

If there's one thing I especially don't like about the game, it's the shitty graphics engine.  It's an unmitigated piece of shit as far as performance goes.

BTW, you really need to play empire for awhile, or something.  You played Jedi Knight twice, dude.  Make an Agent.  Go James Bond style and give the middle finger to Sith man-children.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »

I plan too. I went Jedi twice because our supposed MT decided to go Empire a week into launch leaving us tankless. Either way, Republic side guild is dead. Hardly anyone logs on anymore and when they do they'd rather solo than do group content, so I'm very close to just saying fuck it. It certainly wasn't for lack of trying. Please don't take my post as gospel, there's still alot of stuff you can get out of the game if you have good people to experience it. Honestly the Jedi storylines aren't bad, just the locales are sooo repetitive. You don't get much landscape variety till your mid 30's. The engine is total balls. My 560 Ti fucking overheats with me just idling in the cockpit. Do I Really need a 100% GPU load for a 4 room starship!?

I'll probably play through the storylines then cancel. Tera is coming in May so I've got a timeline.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »

Tenchi is your character Ahriman or some sort of variation?  I thought I saw you on Tatooine last night.

Anyway, Vette is awesome.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »

I dropped slicing recently after realizing it contributed pretty much nothing to my jedi sentinel.  I'm using artifice with archeology so I went with treasure hunting to compliment them.  Currently lvl 27 on Tatooine.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »

Tenchi is your character Ahriman or some sort of variation?  I thought I saw you on Tatooine last night.

Anyway, Vette is awesome.

One of my characters is "Arliman" but she's still on Tython. "Tenchi" is my main.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: