Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (RPGFan Guild Edition)  (Read 29841 times)
konirash
I want to be acknowledge for who i am.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2012, 02:09:50 AM »

saw the game trailer but really haven't played it since there are other games that still has me occupied.
But the game is pretty awesome.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »

So 1.2 has been delayed until April.  Also, despite having a blast, the game has no staying power once you do complete the story content.  The game's worlds are less like MMO worlds and more like set pieces for a single player game.
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »

Is there a monthly fee?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:53 AM »

So 1.2 has been delayed until April.  Also, despite having a blast, the game has no staying power once you do complete the story content.  The game's worlds are less like MMO worlds and more like set pieces for a single player game.

Couldn't agree more. The daily quests for commendations are pretty standard fare. There's still some ancillary story here and there but honestly, once you finish your story arc, there's little incentive to continue with the same character. I will say I really enjoyed the Tion Under Siege FP (Rise of the Rakhghouls patch) but there's so few people on Republic side running HM FPs that trying to get my Columi gear seems like a distant dream. I have yet to check out any of the Operations for the same issue. There just doesn't seem to be much interest in playing consistently for a lot of people. From my observation (at least on Republic side), folks are treating SWTOR like a single-player game - which means group content commitment is extremely low. People pop on, but there's so little incentive to push group content because most people are outleveling content so quickly. In my personal experience, I didn't touch a single non-campaign quest on Quesh and none of the bonus missions since Taris. I was 50 before I ever finished Voss, which made going through Corellia totally anticlimactic and unrewarding.

here's a bit of a rant, so skip here if you don't care about my opinion.....

I still think this game is awesome and everyone needs to play it, but they really need to slow down the leveling speed so they can capitalize on all this quest content and give some incentives for the group stuff. I hate to sound old school, but they need to have some group content requirements for advancement ala attunements/gatekeeping. Make FPs mandatory for planetary progression and beef them up a bit by level locking them and allowing level sync with high level incentives (commendations) so your uber friends have reason to help. Increasing the amount of drops per boss would help too. As it stands, nobody takes the time to run a FP enough to complete a set of armor, even though every single FP has class specific sets. There are so many parts of the game that are really worth playing, but are marginalized because in the scope of how the game is now, so much of it is unnecessary and not incentivized. I think back to WoW and how players raced past content just to reach level cap so they could raid. In SWTOR that cultural expectation continues, but the drive for endgame group content seems to be less popular. It may be that folks get to endgame and find its the same old shit, and don't care to do that dance again. Maybe the culture has changed and people just don't have it in them to commit like they did in WoW, who knows? Either way, its a hell of a single player game ;p

/rant
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »

Installed this game, patched it, and black screen on launch. Spent an hour fiddling and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Uninstall!

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »

I'm kind of okay with the quick leveling process, because I know a lot of people are enjoying playing through the game with each class.

I myself can't invest that kind of time, so I'm doing one republic and one imperial.

I love this game and am okay with the game being more single-player than true endgame MMO focused. I mean, if they beef up the endgame content and bring more pvp concepts into the fold, I'm all for that too. But I'm very happy with what exists so far.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2012, 10:20:38 PM »

I still play quite often as well but I started way too many characters.  I'm trying to main my Jedi Guardian who's currently 34. I also play an agent who's 17 or 18.  Making pretty good coin crafting and selling stims:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »

I still play quite often as well but I started way too many characters.  I'm trying to main my Jedi Guardian who's currently 34. I also play an agent who's 17 or 18.  Making pretty good coin crafting and selling stims:)

My main is Jedi Guardian (50) and I love it. I've never played tank in an MMO before and am really enjoying it.

Also on a personal note, last night I got my final datacron. Yes, it was the evil "fleet datacron" where you have to use that glitched-up grapple beam, the MGGS, to move around. Protip: click 3 times. Not in a row... wait until the load time for the item is done, then instantly click again, then again. It'll force the animation to happen 3 times, each time from a different starting angle. You might die, but very rarely will you be simply put back where you started, which is what happens almost every other time you use the damn thing.

Once I got a team of 5 people through, we let all our respective guildmates know and took another 16 people through using sages force pull (or, alternately, guardians could guardian leap up like I did!). +10 to all stats, super fun. I hope they do another uber-puzzle like this again with an all +20 in a year or so, but with more "real" challenge and less "glitch" challenge. :)

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2012, 08:35:23 PM »

My favorite part of doing that datacron is how I started running around naked while doing it, and getting my friends to also do it naked.  Other people who started coming into the area and followed us assumed that being naked was part of how to get the datacron and also started running around naked.  It was pretty lulzy.

I messed with the 1.2 patch on the test server.  Major sound issues.  The textures are sharper on characters, though, assuming you turn character atlasing to high.  Being able to move the UI around is nice, and the match to chest color feature for armor is very, very welcome.  The sound glitches are fucking awful though, they need to fix that ASAP.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2012, 07:03:02 AM »

ya they better fix sound before they release it.

And yeah, as people started showing up they were like "why are you naked? Is that part of what it takes to go through the door?" And I'm like "bro, I'm just saving you money in case you suck at jumping." :P

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »

Installed this game, patched it, and black screen on launch. Spent an hour fiddling and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Uninstall!

Yeah, always hated that about PC gaming.

On other notes, Did hm Kaon Under Siege.  Nice flashpoint and a breath of fresh air.  Mobs are a pain in the ass though but I love the feel of the flashpoint.

Also, the drop rates on the unassembled columni pieces are fucking stupid.  I'm having a really hard time believing the drop rate is equal between the 4 pieces.  I've done BT pretty much daily for the past few weeks and all I see is Bounty Hunter/Smuggler drop.  Tonight, Sith Sorcerer shit dropped and I was shocked to see something different.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »

I've seen a pretty even rate on Columi drops. I myself only have gloves for my Jedi Guardian.

I've actually never run Kaon on hard mode, but I imagine that makes it even more fun. Hall Hood described Star Wars to me as "meta-genre," a universe that can fit in any style. Resident Evil-style survival horror works surprisingly well for Star Wars. I can't wait for the flashpoint that completes "Outbreak in the Tion Hegemony." Apparently it's part of the 1.2 mayhem next month.

I started my first Sith char last night, a Sith Sorcerer (gonna go all-out healing). I'm also gonna go all-out light side and be the nicest Sith in the universe. There may be no truth or justice, only passion, but you can have compassionate passion!

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2012, 07:41:41 PM »

I think the annoyance of Kaon largely depends on group composition (a shocker, i know).  I'm melee so exploding mobs are kind of a pain in the ass as I need to do avoid them.

Yeah, 1.2 brings about Lost Island which is somehow linked to Kaon I think.  Kinda sad Marauders are losing our immunity move, but as soon as I saw we had one, I immediately knew it wouldn't last too long.  It's a great ability.  I guess they think too great.

The removal of HM lockouts seems like a business headscratcher to me.  While convenient, it seems like a way for people to gear up quickly then possibly get bored faster and quit the game.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »

I started my first Sith char last night, a Sith Sorcerer (gonna go all-out healing). I'm also gonna go all-out light side and be the nicest Sith in the universe. There may be no truth or justice, only passion, but you can have compassionate passion!

Light-side Sith is the only way to play.  The results and reactions you get throughout the story are hilarious, particularly Sith Warrior's since you're basically Nemesis Enforcer.  Nothing trolls the Jedi Council more than not committing mass murder and sparing lives/displaying compassion, inciting confusion and bickering within an order that has built itself around the premise that all Sith are evil cartoon villains prone to sociopathic behavior, effectively weakening their position.  It's lulzy when a Jedi Knight confronts you and expects you to attack, and you just stand there and do your thing while never once pulling out your lightsaber, in essence using their own code against them.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »

Anyways, I cancelled my sub.  IMO, I feel like the game's strong point is questing (specifically, the class quests) and once I hit 50, I got bored instead of feeling like the game was opening up.  Hopefully 1.2 and the following patches bring lots of fun content for the people sticking it out as they sound pretty good, just not enough to make me want to keep playing.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: