Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319180 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Jak & Daxter Collection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jak & Daxter Collection  (Read 1421 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »

Sony has confirmed that these gems are getting the HD treatment.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212038p1.html

In case you haven't played them, these were some of the best games available on the PS2 and that's saying something.
Sony has been doing a great job with these remasters so I expect these to be on the same level as the GoW and Team ICO collections.
Who knows? Good sales might convince them to create Jack 4.
All of sony's collections so far had or have a sequel on the way (GoW3, Sly 4. The Last Guardian), this might allow them to see if there's a market for it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:12:54 PM by Eusis » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »

Jak, not Jack. Trivial nitpick but it's like if someone made a thread for Mortal Combat or something.

(Left the rest of the post alone though.)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Oh, thanks for fixing that. What's up with these stupid differences in some english names? John-Jon, Jack-Jak... it sounds the same right?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »

It's the same as the Kombat thing really, it's a twist on a name for the game itself. I haven't actually seen anyone NAMED Jak that wasn't a fictional character to begin with.

Anyways: I'll probably pass on this. I enjoyed the games, but don't care to replay them that much, especially not 2. Then again, if they throw in the racing game I may go for it, never did play that one.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:04:38 PM by Eusis » Logged
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »

I'm actually interested in this, Ill have to keep an eye out for it. Assuming the price doesn't go over what they usually charge for the HD remakes it will probably go on my must buy list.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 12:44:55 PM »

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hxzdniiOg0

February.

Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »

Good stuff.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »

While it's really cool that they're putting out a trilogy pack on a single disc, I swear after watching the trailer, it didn't look any different from the PS2 originals.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 05:36:01 PM »

Play the PS2 versions on your hdtv and then watch this trailer in HD.
Or check out comparison pics of previous HD ports like god of war, it's the same difference.
Besides, frame-rate in Jak 2&3 wasn't that great, now it should be solid 60fps.
These cartoony visuals seem to upscale pretty well.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »

I liked the first one the most. The others never really felt that great to me. Though I wasn't really the kind of gamer I was now back then. I'll probably get it sometime since I loved the first one regardless of the other two.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »

The first game was more of a traditional platformer. They GTA'ed the 2nd game and made Jak all angsty. The 3rd game had the angst turned down a bit, but the game was still more like a GTA game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: